Walking out of the building routine.....Just my building?

OptimusPrime

Didn't pick up on it at first, being the new guy and all. But it appears routine with a lot of drivers. Basically, when you are coming into the building, and you see another driver coming in, it's the norm around here to wait on them, then walk out together and bitch about your day. I find it therapeutic.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Umm certainly depends on the driver. Some ill
Certainly wait on. Others I'll run up the steps to get away or stop in the restroom on the way out to make sure they aren't waiting for me. If I get home late my wife always asks me "how long did u stick around and talk today". Of course only she can do it with the evil eye and tone that makes u feel bad just for asking a guy how their day was.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
That driver seems kind of needy...Best steer clear of that dude. Most likely, you will meet him about 4:30 that afternoon. And you will grab 35 of his worst stops to deliver. Yes, son, this is that day you call Friday. Tell your kids you will see them on Saturday morning...Welcome to Big Brown, my brotha.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My fastest pace of the day is when I head for that EXIT door, I seldom wait to walk out with anybody. If I want to listen to another driver whine, there is always time before the PCM.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
There is a solution to this problem. Many of us call it feeders. It is that land where fat doobies no longer exist. It is that trade-in, that we in feeders try and convince ourselves that the trade-in was worth it. The job is, the smoke isn't. And as my comrade Forrest A. Gump would say, "That is all I want to say about that."

My urine is clean, but not happy...........

Did I say tooo much?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Fat doobies? That's what I call our feeder drivers. You know, be because they all have "feeder belly." Is it mandatory that you gain 40 pounds to be in feeders?

packageguy

Didn't pick up on it at first, being the new guy and all. But it appears routine with a lot of drivers. Basically, when you are coming into the building, and you see another driver coming in, it's the norm around here to wait on them, then walk out together and bitch about your day. I find it therapeutic.

If you want to see the dead come to life, come to our building they don't walk to there car they, they run. there thing is first out the gate wins........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I miss the good ol days! :rofl:

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
"Originally Posted by UpstateNYUPSer
Perhaps you should keep those tampons for yourself."
I like Tampax Pearl. :winks:

Here's a calendar so you can keep track of your cycle better.

Period calendar, menstrual calendar, irregular cycle – Tampax.com

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Want some cortizone for that burn?

rod

Retired 22 years
We never bitched about the job on the way out of the building. We would meet after work sometimes at the local saloon a block away. You can complain better with a slight buzz. Friday nights the wives would meet us and they would get in on the fun.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

One night, many years ago, in my Preload days, I was unloading a feeder with my friend Don. He lifted a wooden crate that weighed 70 lbs (our weight limit back then). It was addressed to the nearby Tampax factory. This was our conversation:

“What the hell is Tampax getting this time?”
“Elephant tampon”
“Elephant tampons? Come on now”
“I’m serious”
“A case of elephant tampons?”
“No, a case with an elephant tampon”
“Go on, you’re full of ****. I never heard such a thing”
“Of course not. They don’t advertise all their stuff. You’re not gonna see a Tampax elephant tampon commercial on TV. Not many elephants watch TV. A friend of mine works in quality control there and she told me all about them”
“Really?”
“Yeah. Think about it. Elephants are mammals. Mammals have periods. Thus elephants have periods. It’s a big mess and not a pretty sight. Tampax saw the market and now have it cornered.
If you go to the zoo or circus, you never see an elephant having a period. It’s not good PR. Suppose a little kid sees an elephant during her time. It could have a traumatizing effect on them. ‘Daddy, what’s wrong with the elephant? Mommy look! The elephant is dying!’”
“I never thought about that”
“She told me that they just developed one with an eyebolt. They just hook up a cable and effortlessly winch it out. The old ones had a rope. They would sedate the elephant and four or five guys would play tug of war with it.”
“What does she do?”
“She’s in QC. She runs tests on used product. Women hired as testers send them in by the mail. The big ones come via UPS”
“You mean…..”
“Why do you think it weighs so much? Pop it out, wrap it up and send it off. We’re performing a vital service”
“Ewwwww!”

A supervisor in the background was listening in the whole time. He fought hard to keep from laughing. Towards the end he almost pissed his pants!

How gullible can somebody be?:happy-very:

Apparently Don can be. :happy-very:

Big

Do you make this stuff up?

Why don't you tell me a bedtime story?

Yes I did - that night on the Preload about 25 years ago.

YOU ASKED FOR IT - YOU GOT IT!

Once upon a time in a land far away lived a beautiful maiden princess with golden hair. Her name was Princess AJ. She was being held captive by an evil, one eyed, fire breathing center manager. He worked her long hours and treated her miserably.

Princess AJ was in deep despair. Every night she hoped that a knight in shining armor would come to her rescue. One night she saw a falling star and made a wish to be rescued. Maybe, she hoped, this was a good omen.

The next day, through the morning mist, a knight could be seen in the distance approaching the center. It was Sir Big Babooba riding his faithful cat Oreo. The evil, one eyed, fire breathing center manager tried to turn him away.

Sir Big Babooba continued on. He knew he had to save the fair maiden princess. When the evil, one eyed, fire breathing center manager threatened him with a warning letter, he pulled out his DIAD. He scanned the center manager's eyes and blinded him. He then whacked him in the side of the head with it, knocking him out cold. He turned to Oreo and nodded. Oreo made a quick meal out of him.

He knocked the door to the center down with his old battle axe (no, not his ex wife!). He rushed inside the building and found the fair maiden Princess AJ. He took her into his arms. "My hero!", she swooned and kissed him on the cheek, "How can I ever repay you?".

Sir Big Babooba got a glimmer in his eye. He smiled and reached under the chest plate of his armor. He pulled out a damp bath towel and started to wind it up. He chased her off into the sunset followed by his ever faithful Oreo, wagging his tail in approval.

They lived happily ever after.:happy2:

Sometimes the best threads started innocent.