Walmart.com Keeping Ground Going??

bbsam

Staff member
I swear today 70% of my deliveries were walmart.com deliveries .. Without them, I don't believe I'd even have a route to be able to drive!
LOL. Give it a day. Our HD projections tomorrow are 6000 pieces for an operation that runs about 2000 pieces through the year. Started seeing quite a bit of Walmart last week. Liking it. Alot.

Kevinmevin

LOL. Give it a day. Our HD projections tomorrow are 6000 pieces for an operation that runs about 2000 pieces through the year. Started seeing quite a bit of Walmart last week. Liking it. Alot.

I don't doubt that one bit. Our Hub processed tripple the amount of volume on the sunrise sort this morning.. mostly containing walmart.com volume or also known as the Ingram Micro account who does a lot of fulfillment for walmart. So look for lots coming from the west cost.

vantexan

At last station picked up Walmart.com Express freight every day. Not missed! This time of year start sending tractor trailer there.

Schlepper

Tons of Walmart here too. Hopefully your terminal has its act together and can finish a sort before 8 am. Late dispatches + crazy volume = lots of 27s in my neck of the woods. None on me so far, even though I'm killing myself to get through the day.

MaineGroundDriver

I also got a bunch of Warner Brothers boxes for Wal*Mart in today, you know, the ones with the green stripe around them? These were always delivered by UPS, at least up here, in the past. My Wal*Mart typically receives 25-50 pkg throughtout the year on a given day. Today it was 90. I'm expecting more than that tomorrow judging from the early report.

MaineGroundDriver

Tons of Walmart here too. Hopefully your terminal has its act together and can finish a sort before 8 am. Late dispatches + crazy volume = lots of 27s in my neck of the woods. None on me so far, even though I'm killing myself to get through the day.

Our terminal's pkg handlers have been on top of their game. Granted, we're a small facility, just a double trailer a day. We also load our own trucks up here. I had a careless 27 today. The back of my truck was full and had a box I meant to load through my side door and left without it. DOH!

Schlepper

Our terminal's pkg handlers have been on top of their game. Granted, we're a small facility, just a double trailer a day. We also load our own trucks up here. I had a careless 27 today. The back of my truck was full and had a box I meant to load through my side door and left without it. DOH!

Been there, done that on cruising off without the side door package. Our terminal isn't the largest out there, but we're pushing through some serious volume right now. Our handlers suck. The pippers are terrible. I came in today and started to scan my pile and half my boxes were showing up "not my package" (and I had ~170 to scan) and had to get them all pipped back to me, sequence numbers were all changed, etc. Cost me a great deal of time this morning. Thankfully I had a guy come pull ten off of me around 6:15 pm, otherwise I'd have been out til 8. Peak last year was smooth but it's proving to be a hell of a lot different this year. My van was bricked, my dispatch was late, it was a rough one.

HomeDelivery

wow, you guys are getting done early!

we are slammed since monday... very late dispatches since we broke the volume record 2 days ago... how late? people come in at 0545-0600 and when the 2nd shift of temp drivers come in later at 0830, they're still sorting!:surprised:

like i said, i'm glad to be on a temp driver status right now... most of us are getting done by 20:00 some are finishing later. When i get done early, i'll go back out to other areas to help out other drivers:bloodshot:

apparently, some drivers can't handle the darkness... i use this:

peak-1-million-candlepower-spotlight-pkcotm-3.jpg
along with this:

img10775434med.jpg

some rural towns are darker than the black hole after 17:00 & I don't blame them calling for help

have a good peak out there, i'm off to work!
peak-1-million-candlepower-spotlight-pkcotm-3.jpg
img10775434med.jpg