Walmart Driving School

bacha29

Walmart today announced pay increases for drivers. First year drivers will make between $95,000 and $110.000 in their first year. It will also open driving schools in Texas and Delaware. Currently only open to Walmart employees in nearby centers but plans to expand school availability for others in the near future. Walmart will pay for the training. Country's running critically low on box mules and gear punchers and Walmart wants the best of what little remains. Smart move.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I made over 100k a year in feeder my last 5 years.
my last year was 2015

we probably have drivers making 140-150 now not counting bennies.

Serf

$95,000 and $110.000 in their first year
We are underpaid
95k in the north east or Cali is middle class. Talk to me if you wanna hump 60 hrs In Greenbough, Alabama for some real gold. Like serious biscuit & gravy money.

zeev

Most Walmart drivers are home every night and with benefits they are making at least double. All these complaints about no home time FedEx could care less about your home time they are looking to reduce cost by eliminating high pay couriers. Many of the vans sent to body shop are coming back with the Express lettering removed the Express and Ground will be combined guess which system employees or contractors will win. P.s. Walmart makes triple.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Every Wal Mart driver I have spoke to says they live in the truck all week and maybe gets home on weekends.
Hard life for family man.

A WM driving job used to be the best in country when Sam was alive. Most retired millionaires dye to stock.
Now , as almost anywhere else it has gone down in working conditions etc.

The massive shortage is driving up wages but not job satisfaction/conditions.

zeev

Every Wal Mart driver I have spoke to says they live in the truck all week and maybe gets home on weekends.
Hard life for family man.

A WM driving job used to be the best in country when Sam was alive. Most retired millionaires dye to stock.
Now , as almost anywhere else it has gone down in working conditions etc.

The massive shortage is driving up wages but not job satisfaction/conditions.
FedEx wages and benefits have gone down by 50%