Walmart is hiring

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They are trying out this "picker" format at our store where they hire people to pick groceries into blue totes. Despite the self-checkout and low amount of cashiers, the format appears to have a net increase in jobs created. My thoughts: yet another company that has better totes than us.

Overpaid Union Thug

I never use self check out even if I only have one item. All you are doing is putting someone who really needs a job out of work. (nobody wants to be a Walmart cashier- they do it because they need a job) I see all the younger generation go into MacDonalds and use those robot order machines and I think - damn -when you want to get a job at Mickey D's even that won't be available.
Not really. There are an equal number (or more) of employees in the stores because there are people working in each self checkout area (sometimes several) as well as the pickup sections and for grocery pickup.

rickyb

I never use self check out even if I only have one item. All you are doing is putting someone who really needs a job out of work. (nobody wants to be a Walmart cashier- they do it because they need a job) I see all the younger generation go into MacDonalds and use those robot order machines and I think - damn -when you want to get a job at Mickey D's even that won't be available.
the sooner robots take our jobs, the sooner we can have a discussion about what to do. the robots are liberating us

rod

Retired 22 years
I was told our Walmart just went to one way traffic in the aisles to keep traffic flowing smoothly. I find it hard to believe the average Walmart customer will understand that.

Dumbperson

No. The robots are liberating you lazy people. The rest of us with a work ethic can clearly see the forest for the trees.
My favorite dumb reason for Universal Basic Income is "if people don't work they can pursue their dreams." Ya ok, bc all of a sudden there's gonna be a huge market of people wanting to read :censored2:ty poetry