Walmart- less Black Friday

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You couldnt pay me enough to fight my way into a Mall-Wart on Black Friday, or any other day for that manner.

My wife and I do most of our Christmas shopping throughout the year at small, locally-owned shops. She also shops online. We dont ever go to the mall, or any of the big-box retailers. Whatever savings might be realized are not worth the stress. We already own a flat screen TV and a DVD player and computers, there isnt anything we need badly enough to subject ourselves to the insanity of Black Friday.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We do our shopping online and buy from the source with the cheapest total prices.
That means probably 2/3rds from Amazon including my photography equipment.
I rarely go to Wal-Mart except to buy lunch.
If I go to a brick-and-mortar it is usually Sam's or Costco.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One year I fought the Black Friday crowd at Walmart. There was a Singer sewing machine that my daughter wanted which was on sale for 50% off. I went in, got the sewing machine, paid for it and left. I made sure to arrive early enough to get it but not so early as to be part of the mad dash in to the store. Locally they set up crowd control barriers and the State Police provide security/crowd control. I think it took me all of 10 minutes to make my purchase.

My Christmas shopping is so much easier now that the kids are older---I write two $500 checks.

wkmac

If I want to see Walmartians I just log onto Youtube-- That way I don't have to laugh in some idiots face.

walmartians song - YouTube

"BUSTED CAN OF BISCUITS!" LMAO!!!!!!!!!

One of our local TV stations has a running photo file of freaky Walmart Shoppers. Anytime I get the first hint of going to Walmart, I look at the pictures and that cures that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Walmart should just fire all the troublemakers. There are plenty of people out there that want a job and will report when told to.
This is their biggest sales day of the year..........they don't need their own employees messing it up.

Lots of people will just avoid Walmart to stay away from the trouble.

wkmac

Walmart should just fire all the troublemakers. There are plenty of people out there that want a job and will report when told to.
This is their biggest sales day of the year..........they don't need their own employees messing it up.

Lots of people will just avoid Walmart to stay away from the trouble.

Why don't you rally around Walmart like they did Chick-Fil-A and make those crummy liberals and lazy union wanna-bees look stupid?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why don't you rally around Walmart like they did Chick-Fil-A and make those crummy liberals and lazy union wanna-bees look stupid?
Too many nuts with guns. I will avoid the area!! There's always Target, Home Goods, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, etc

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One year I fought the Black Friday crowd at Walmart. There was a Singer sewing machine that my daughter wanted which was on sale for 50% off. I went in, got the sewing machine, paid for it and left. I made sure to arrive early enough to get it but not so early as to be part of the mad dash in to the store. Locally they set up crowd control barriers and the State Police provide security/crowd control. I think it took me all of 10 minutes to make my purchase.

My Christmas shopping is so much easier now that the kids are older---I write two $500 checks.

That's not shopping that's writing a check. I have to agree with my grandma who never once gave cash as a present. She hated gift cards also but would reluctantly give them in her later years.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's not shopping that's writing a check. I have to agree with my grandma who never once gave cash as a present. She hated gift cards also but would reluctantly give them in her later years.

My daughter and son-in-law recently bought a house and have been doing a lot of renovating--I know the money will come in handy. My son is graduating college in December and I know the money will come in handy. Easy way out? Perhaps. I tried the gift buying thing the first year after the divorce--didn't work out too well. Cash works.

texan

I have at least 5 Walmarts within a 20 to 30 mile radius.

I would never go to one on a Black-Friday.

I have been in them, and do not consider them off limits.

One thing is for sure, one sees a few "different" people there at times.

My wife likes them, so I must go assist and help her shop.

My wife does not drive, I am her transport.

But all items I want, I use Amazon, and insure it is sent UPS to my dwelling place.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I try to do the gift card.......otherwise they'll pay bills with cash . I want them to get something they want, not pay bills.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I try to do the gift card.......otherwise they'll pay bills with cash . I want them to get something they want, not pay bills.

This is how I view gifts. As a want not a need. My wife loves this considering she gets all she needs without having to use up gifts lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Are you looking to adopt, please consider me. My kids are getting like 40, and my grandkids are getting about the same. They have way too much already.