Walmart Vs. Target

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Who believes that Walmart is a better value than Target on Commodity items?
Forget the ownership stuff, just prices and services. I am looking for the best place to shop.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Walmart provides valuable employment opportunities for the children and politicial prisoners who assemble its products in Chinese slave labor camps.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Why don't you go to each store and compare for yourself? If you really wanted a price compparison that is what you would have done, the only thing your looking for with this is more arguments about wal-marts corporate policies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've always experienced Walmart being more reasonable, but Target has better looking "home goods", like decorator items.

I think Walmart leans toward K-Mart-like and Target leans towards Penneys-like.

rod

Retired 22 years
We shopped Wal-mart for groceries once----------never again. Produce was terrible and the meat was one day away from maggotville. All you have to do is imagine all those nose picking butt scratching inbreads that wonder the aisles of Wallyworld handling the produce and you will never buy food there again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NpFCSD5rNE

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Walmart provides valuable employment opportunities for the children and politicial prisoners who assemble its products in Chinese slave labor camps.

Great point. That's why I don't shop at WalMart. Mostly young rural girls working 7 days a week, 14-15 hrs a day, for about 35 cents per hour. Plus, they get to live in company dormitories where you climb into bed as your contemporary goes on duty. It's called "hot sheeting". WalMart is complicit in this up to it's corporate neck. Republicans call this an "opportunity" to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. I call it exploitation of the worst kind.

Last edited:

SmithBarney

We stay away from Wal-mart.. who cares if you save 5 cents on a loaf a bread if you have to stand in line for 15 minutes.
Wal-mart has a practice of keeping a minimal staff.. has anyone ever seen all 40 lines at Wal-mart open? Even Black Friday its only like half of them.

Produce and Meats are better found elsewhere.

Target has better clothes, my wife and I often hit the "clearance" racks. Good stuff to be found there.

I will say this, we just got back from a trip to Italy and bought some "hi-end" clothing for the trip.. and there clearly is
a reason you pay more for better quality..

I own stock in Walmart and Target... so far I think Target is doing much better..

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My wife and I go to Costco once a month for bulk items, and the rest of our groceries are bought from a local Fred Meyer (also known as Kroger's in other parts of the country.) Fred Meyer is union. Costco isnt, but their wages and benefits are among the bast in the industry. I know people who work there, and they are happy.

We do almost all of our Xmas shopping at small, locally owned shops. I buy all of my tools and garden supplies at a locally owned, family-run hardware store.

Neither my wife or I have been to a shopping mall in years.

I will confess that I did spend money at a Mall Wart last year, during the post-Obama ammunition shortage. There was no .22 or 9MM ammo to be had anywhere else, so as a last resort I went there because they had it in stock. I bought my ammo, came home, and immediately took a shower to wash the Mall Wart cooties off of my body.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Our Walmarts out here don't have grocery stores in them. I don't know why, but I imagine the really big grocery stores fight to keep them out. I get my groceries from either Albertsons or Ralphs Fresh Fare.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
WalMart is a last worst option in my opinion. I delivered to a WalMart for a couple of years and they are the most unhappy people you will have the dis-privilage to come across in your day. Yes you may save 5 cents on an item but ask yourself how much it will cost you in higher taxes to subsidize their employees through Government social programs. Where I live the WalMart looks more like the Mexican Consulit then an actual store. WalMart has a core model they follow and they do that well, they say that WalMart isnt the problem but its us thats the problem by shopping there. So I say lets solve the problem and stop shopping there.

Ghost in the Darkness

I prefer Target to Walmart. Prices are comparable at both and can be cheaper at times either way. More often than not I find Target edges out in quality but it depends on what you buy. Walmart produce is usually poor quality but sometimes you can find what you need (ex. potatoes). I prefer Wegmans for groceries especially produce and bakery things & common products like milk and eggs are priced around the same as Walmart anyway.

ups2000

i tryed to deliver to walmart on friday at 1030. sign on dock said closed. went to the front and they decided it would be a great idea to cut reciving at 10. So they didnt get any ups stuff.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I prefer Target to WM because Target has great prices on their beer & wine. It seems to me that the Target Stores are much cleaner the WM too.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Wal-Mart is cheaper usually for most things, but we stay away from there except at Christmas time when shopping for the kids toys. We shop at Target 98% of the time As said by someone else, it may cost me $.05 more but I can get in and out of there in 1/2 the time. And it's certainly cleaner and the staff is far more personable.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Walmart is within 2 miles of my house. Target will be closer......the city just approved a Target store right at the entrance to the Talega Community. It's a weeded hilly lot right now. Can't wait!