Walmart Vs. Target

DS

Fenderbender
We don't have any target stores in Ontario that I know of,and the walmarts that sell groceries are few and far between.
I'm surprised that target hasn't targeted us yet.In the last 15 years Costco,home depot,and Lowes have taken over the majority of
the local businesses here.Its hard to find anything anywhere that's not made in China or Japan.Thank God our beer is made here.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I personally don't set foot in any Walmart.....never checked the prices on any item whether it be grocery, homegoods , auto, or anything........I'd rather spend a little more in locally owned or a national chain that doesn't promote slave labor for its suppliers

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I can't stand Walmart or Sam's. We have got spoiled meat and sour milk in there before. The products and service are horrible too, I would rather go somewhere else and pay a little more.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We only buy certain groceries, cleaners and perishables at Wal-Mart. We check the ads for our local grocery, which is also a huge chain (Publix), to see if there are better prices. We also get our meat and cold cuts from the local grocery. We'll go to Target for some clothes and home stuff, but lately we prefer Kohl's, though we usually go where everything is cheapest.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I shop for groceries at Winco's. Great prices and even great produce. Walmart is just too busy and Target has good sales but everything else is kinda pricey.

Also,careful shopping at Walmart, your photo might end up on the internet under "people who shop at Walmart".

rod

Retired 22 years
At Target the other day:

8 oz. box of Cheerios----$2.79
14 oz. box of Cheerios--$2.59
1 lb.2 oz. box of Cheerios---$2.49 (plus all boxes of 1lb.2 oz. Cheeiros had a $1.00 off instant coupon on them. Total:$1.49

I bought 3 boxes. Some real Einstein must be in charge of pricing:happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
8.9 oz. Cheerios was on sale for $1.99 and we had that same $1 off coupon.........only 99Cents for my Cheerios at Albertson's!! Shopping the sale items at the grocery stores is my "project challenge" all the time. Walmart & Target are not grocery stores here, although they have a few food items.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't mind buying stuff at Walmart because I'm an impulse buyer and I'm probably not going to use the item more than a couple times. I've explained it to a friend of mine several times. I am not a craftsman. So if I'm going to get a hammer, I don't need a union-made-triple-heat-treated-chrome alloy-guaranteed-never-ever-ever-to-fail hammer. I need something with which to pound. Why spend alot of money on it?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sears tools still have a lifetime guarantee....can't beat that!!

Real example.....when hubby was a mechanic, (42 years ago) he took a 20 yr old broken ratchet back to Sears and returned with a brand new one. His boss was surprised.

tracker2762

Can't beat Craftsman tools.

I found a 1/4" ratchet on the route that didn't work. I took it to Sears on Monday and they replaced it with another one.

dave991

Lead, don't follow.
Walmart is my last option the shop, I will go there only when I absolutely need something last second and I cant get it from somewhere else. I will shop on-line and wait days for delivery before going into Wallyworld. The people are not happy, and they ruin my mood just watching the light that should be behind their eyes just flicker and dim to nothing as they go about their tasks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Walmart is my last option the shop, I will go there only when I absolutely need something last second and I cant get it from somewhere else. I will shop on-line and wait days for delivery before going into Wallyworld. The people are not happy, and they ruin my mood just watching the light that should be behind their eyes just flicker and dim to nothing as they go about their tasks.

I'm the same way. The high lite of my very infrequent trips to Wally World is watching the mental giants pick up the carts in the lot. Now there's some real cream of the crop. But then again they are employeed and working--------if thats what you call it.

over9five

Staff member
But then again they are employeed and working--------if thats what you call it.

Yes they are. And that's exactly what I like about WalMart. They employ thousands of people (AMERICAN people) who probably couldn't get a job anywhere else.

rushfan

I will not shop at walmart. My wife was there, and it was sad. There was a group of ladies from a local retirement home there. Apparently the depends on one of them couldn't contain their load, which fell out on the floor. My wife said at least 4 walmart employees walked by the dung, looked at it, and didn't do a thing. When my wife was at the check out about 45 min later, the feces was still there on the floor. It just showed her that they didn't take sanitation too seriously there.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I shop there. Their prices seem cheaper the Target's,. I dunno.........It's looking as though Walmart is a head

overallowed

I have a Walmart literally across the street fron my house. I even deliver there. I would do without or spend more elsewhere before I would shop there. For all the reasons previously listed, but more importantly, because they moved the majority of their shipping business to FedEx ground. I also deliver about half of what I used to. Because of the timing of their switch, I believe it is in retaliation for UPS's support of the Airport Re-Authorization Act (also referred to by our competition as the brown bailout).
My wife an I used to spend approximately $150 per week there Now it is $0. If we could get all 400,000+ of us to boycott Walmart, we could make a difference. Until they re-think their strategy, I'm done shopping there.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Yes they are. And that's exactly what I like about WalMart. They employ thousands of people (AMERICAN people) who probably couldn't get a job anywhere else.

Perhaps the reason that they cant get a job anywhere else...is because many of the factories that used to employ Americans to make the items we like to buy have been relocated to China so that stores like MallWart can sell the stuff to us for cheaper.

Its a vicious circle. We demand cheap products, so to meet that demand the manufacturers move the jobs to China....meaning there are fewer jobs here and less people who can afford to pay more $$ for American-made products...which creates an even greater demand for the cheap Chinese goods....and so on and so on.

We are cutting our own throats when we buy the cheap Chinese crap. Thre is no such thing as "competition" or "free enterprise" when you are dealing with a country that does not have to obey any enviornmental, labor, or human-rights laws. It doesnt matter how hard working or talented the American worker is, he/she cannot "compete" on a price basis against children or political prisoners who "earn" $.20 an hour in sweatshops.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We don't have any target stores in Ontario that I know of,and the walmarts that sell groceries are few and far between.
I'm surprised that target hasn't targeted us yet.In the last 15 years Costco,home depot,and Lowes have taken over the majority of
the local businesses here.Its hard to find anything anywhere that's not made in China or Japan.Thank God our beer is made here.

I don't know what part of CA you are located, but Unibroue FTW.