Want the real scoop on FredEx?

Uncle Rico

http://FedExaminer.com

Seems those folks at Fredex have some issues of their own concerning pay, management, working conditions, and on and on. The good stuff is under the "Ground" category since some of Freddy's independent contractors have awakened and realized they are "employees" and are winning their fight.

Don't think for a minute that the grass is greener over there. After UPS, I wasted 9 years and 3 months over there in the purple haze. I have to give the purple machine credit on one aspect--Freddy must be paying his PR department a buttload to keep his company's downfalls hidden. I like to say he absolutely, positively does it all by smoke and mirrors.

F

FedEx#1

You must have been a disgruntled employee. FedEx is a great place to work. We are a lot better that UPS. Yuo have to pay for a union which doesn't do anything for you. Our stock is going through the roof while yours sits there. We are growing and will someday be in a position to buy UPS.

F

FedEx#1

I'm just talking the facts bro. You flakes got all sorts of problems; union, turnover, poor stock compared to ours. Only a matter of time before FedEx rules in ground and overnight. I wouldn't be surprised if we bought you up one day. Wouldn't that be the ultimate coup for our great founder, Fred S, who has my greatest respect. Have to paint all those trucks purple, though. It can be done.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
FedEx#1 said:
You must have been a disgruntled employee. FedEx is a great place to work. We are a lot better that UPS. Yuo have to pay for a union which doesn't do anything for you. Our stock is going through the roof while yours sits there. We are growing and will someday be in a position to buy UPS.

Welcome to Brown Cafe, Fred S!:laugh:

moreluck

golden ticket member
NEW YORK (FORTUNE) - United Parcel Service ranks no. 44 on this year's list of the FORTUNE 500, with $42,581 million in revenues, up 16.4% from the previous year. The Atlanta-based company was ranked no. 42 on the 2005 list. Its 2005 profits were $3,870 million, up 16.1% from a year earlier. :thumbup1:

FDX was #70 on the list !! :thumbdown

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
"UPS now flies to more points in China than any other U.S. airline, freight or passenger," said David Abney, president, International Operations.

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
FedEx#1 said:
We are growing and will someday be in a position to buy UPS.

This is the best laugh I've had all week. Good luck, grasshopper. I for one will be standing at the gate locked and loaded before allowing someone to make us wear crappy orange and blue.

Besides...by the time fredex could afford us it'll be the year - oh, never mind the world won't exist then. First you have to figure out if you are an employee or not before you can take us over. All our drivers stand firm in the knowledge that they are UPS employees. Our drivers rock (most of them anyway i know there are a few duds, but all the ones I've had the pleasure to work with have been awesome)!

F

FedEx#1

It's purple and blue ya brown skid mark. FedEx's stock is rockin', we are getting old Ups accounts doing the customers right, and we are going to take over the industry. Yeah, we are on a great big roll and there ain't nothing UPS can do but sit there and wonder why. Life is good working for FedEx. It beats working for a company that reminds me of a big brown turd.

jules23

Logic? Who needs logic?
FedEx#1 said:
It's purple and blue ya brown skid mark. FedEx's stock is rockin', we are getting old Ups accounts doing the customers right, and we are going to take over the industry. Yeah, we are on a great big roll and there ain't nothing UPS can do but sit there and wonder why. Life is good working for FedEx. It beats working for a company that reminds me of a big brown turd.

it's a very ambiguous blue that sometimes looks purple depending on the light. i guess being a non-employee of such an outstanding, but inferior company leaves you with no sense of humor.

i'd rather look like a brown turd than someone who has to dress like a reject from the barney show.

during peak you guys don't deliver as many packages daily as we do on a regular day. and as far as accounts go, didn't dell move over to you guys because you severely undercut us to the point where this is probably why Fedex isn't making as much money...oh, and that's right, dell came back because you guys couldn't do the job. more and more of our customers are figuring out fedex just doesn't have the stuff to get it right. in the short term you might be taking them, but our customers quickly figure out who has the right stuff.

really, bambi, if you only want to dish it out and can't take it...i suggest you go play in DHL's sandbox. otherwise be prepared, we won't take your crap lying down.

true_1_ace

well we have full benefits ! do you ,whats your hourly rate? I herd their replacing all the full time employes with part time ones so I guess job security is out hmmmm Fedex 1 whats the upside and remember we all do the same job with yrs you'll realize this .2 of my friend work for your company and we talk about each others job and trust me the grass isn't greener at FEDEX so Ive bein told:w00t:

B

brown observer

There we go again..u have this, we have this. The guys who are unhappy about being IC for ground is very small. We are getting bigger everyday, ground, Intl and Express..and we just got auth for 3 more flts into China..I beleive thats 23 daily from China compared to 19 for the Brownies. Thats a lot of tonnage we have that THEY don't have.

Watch.. in 5 years (and it will go by quickly) ..The new UPS slogan will be............WHAT DID BROWN DO TO YOU?

The Cream (FDX) will rise to the top..the brown stuff will end up at the bottom ( Where it belongs)

montecarlo12

MEMPHIS, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 24, 2006--FedEx Express, the largest subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), will now have the rights to operate three additional weekly frequencies to China, bringing its total to 26. With these frequencies, which were awarded by the U.S. Department of Transportation, FedEx Express will maintain its leadership position with more all-cargo flights to and from China than any other U.S. cargo airline.

"FedEx saw the promise in China more than 20 years ago. China's role in the global marketplace continues to escalate. In fact, China is expected to be the fastest- growing market for air cargo, averaging more than 10 percent per year between 2003 and 2023," said Michael L. Ducker, executive vice president, International for FedEx Express. "This latest milestone will allow us to serve more international import and export customers more efficiently from China to all corners of the globe. We continue to expand our operations in China - just this month we declared our plans to add a branch office in Chengdu and in January we announced an agreement to purchase our joint venture partner, DTW Group, which will further improve and grow our outstanding service in China and throughout the Asia-Pacific region."

F

FedEx#1

Bravo Zulu, Monte my fellow purple man! Big brown won't catch on for another ten years and by then we will be making so much money from our foundation of purpleness in China that UPS will be looking for someone to buy them.
Twenty years ago, brown was trying to figure out how to deal with us. Will they ever learn? No. Will they ever catch us. No. Will we buy them out and kick out the union. Probably. Can't wait to see the downfall of little brown.

E

exups

I worked at UPS for a long time and now work at FedEx. Let me be very very clear about this there is a huge difference. First off UPS treats most employees like a retarded 3 year old ok a four year old. I would love to see any of these guys or gals just call a district manager and chat or to get coffee. It doesn't happen at UPS because the district managers at UPS run their districts like little kingdoms. I really feel for most of the employees at UPS because they are trapped in what is like a bad relationship. Most of the employees at UPS are great people. The upper management at UPS is very smart and cares about one thing, money. I had a great learning expearence at UPS but I am so glad I am at FedEx. We are taking marketshare one account at a time. I think that Wallstreet is the true test and UPS stock has done terrible. I know because I was stupid enough to keep mine.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
monte, fedex needs to worry about dhl, not ups. our company is doing fine. I HAVE SEEN MANY ACCOUNTS THAT HAVE SWITCHED OVER TO DHL THAT WERE EXCLUSIVE FEDEX ACCOUNTS. UPS IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO HOLD BACK DHL, AS WE ALREADY ARE, WE ARE HOLDING FEDEX OFF ALSO....ITS JUST THE PLAIN TRUTH...KEEP SPINNING IT ANYWAY YOU WANT. fedex IS YEARS AWAY FROM BECOMMING UPS. dHL IS 100 YEARS AWAY OF BECOMMING WHAT UPS IS. tHIS TALK GOES ON AND ON, GET OVER IT.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
EXUPS, you know how upper ups management is....I totally agree with you. They are very smart and greedy, which anyone including you will know that they arent going to give up the boat to anyone including fedex dhl etc etc. The post office said they were going to shut ups dow years ago..please. So....in regards to ups...vs. fedex employees, which group seem to have the best working relations with their customers.....honestly. The 3 different fedex employees who show up and different times or the 20 year ups driver. You dont think that customers are noticing this. Ups has a whole program that is exploiting this from fedex and it is working to ups advantage. Yes fedex mgt probably dont beat down their employees as bad as ups upper crust does, but you ask 100 ups drivers if they would like to join fedex and how many would actually jump ship. Now you ask 100 fedex drivers, express, ground, home, whatever it doesnt matter, and how many do you think would come over to ups.????I think you know the honest answer, even though you wouldnt admit to it. THE PLAIN FACT IS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 3 REAL PLAYERS IN THIS MARKET OF DELIVERY, UPS FEDEX AND DHL. THE POST OFFICE IS BLEEDING VOLUME TO BOTH FEDEX AND UPS. ALL THREE BUSINESSES WILL BE AROUND FOR QUITE A WHILE. PRICE DOESNT ALWAYS DICTATE EVERYTHING, THIS HAS BEEN ALREADY PROVEN BY UPS RECEIVING MUCH OF THEIR VOLUME BACK FROM THE INITIAL FEDEX GROUND BLITZ IN 2002. WE STILL HAVE THE BEST SERVICE...PERIOD. THE NUMBERS SHOW IT, FORTUNE SHOWS IT, THE CUSTOMERS TELL IT AS IT IS.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
OK MONTE, FEDEX ISNT THE ONLY ONES IN CHINA....EITHER IS UPS FOR THAT MATTER DUDE. EVERY US COMPANY WANTS TO BE IN THERE, SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL.

"UPS now flies to more points in China than any other U.S. airline, freight or passenger," said David Abney, president, International Operations. "These new flights are part of our strategy to expand our service options, stay ahead of customer needs and solidify our position as the leader in the world's fastest growing market."

one ups is worth 87 billion fedex 34 billion i think ups could buy fedex first. fedex ground jobs are a joke and the lawsuits will take hold. the drivers make nothing and fedex makes the money. fedex kinkos is not making much money keep dreaming fedex

Coldworld

60 months and counting
oh look its monte and his purple and orange "cronies" oh wait its all the same person. You are dreaming hommie. Its time to wake up and get back to your 3 hour unpaid lunch. Then go pick up your 10 accounts, collect your 5 express letters and go punch out by 400. huh. ups express is up 10 percent, what was fedex percent for express last quarter, and international, Im surprised your not on here running your mouth or have you realize that some things cant be spun, like our strong growth numbers. I hope your brother gave you some **** about that.