The Natural

Considering leaving UPS.
Looking for some input here..
Im a 20+ year upser. I've been package and now feeder for almost 10yrs. Over the past couple years ive become very disgruntled. Between feeder runs being moved or eliminated all together and drivers bumping me down ive become jaded.. The very real reality of having to go back and do package after almost 10yrs of feeder is something i cant stomach. This may sound like a whoa is me moment but understand that our package dept is run by a handful of derelicts who have no clue... 180-200 stops per route with 15-20, 9.5 grievances filed per day in a building with 35-40 daily routes. For the first time ever im actually considering walking away. Anybody out there that may have some words of advice or encouragement that may help.. As a shop steward I usually have the answers but this time im just blinded... Any input will be helpful.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Considering leaving UPS.
Im a 20+ year upser. I've been package and now feeder for almost 10yrs. Over the past couple years ive become very disgruntled. Between feeder runs being moved or eliminated all together and drivers bumping me down ive become jaded.. The very real reality of having to go back and do package after almost 10yrs of feeder is something i cant stomach. This may sound like a whoa is me moment but understand that our package dept is run by a handful of derelicts who have no clue... 180-200 stops per route with 15-20, 9.5 grievances filed per day in a building with 35-40 daily routes. For the first time ever im actually considering walking away. Anybody out there that may have some words of advice or encouragement that may help.. As a shop steward I usually have the answers but this time im just blinded... Any input will be helpful.
@Gumby

Considering leaving UPS.
We have all felt like that at times. Trust me I've worked with supervisors that I could have thrown them out a :censored2:ing window.

It passes. I've always done this job for my family. You got 20 in ,you can do it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Considering leaving UPS.
Are you close to retiring or no? That would be my deciding factor of whether or not to ride it out. I got a hella long way to go for that. I know there's a lot of money to be made but I live a fairly cheap lifestyle and have no one depending on me. The way they keep slowly eroding away all the reasons I have for sticking around, I find myself putting up with more and more crap for less and less. It's really testing my patience.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's probably time to get out if you are posting that on an anonymous internet forum.

There's nothing cool about working at UPS or being a "UPS'er". It basically means failing at life. :D Sorry to say

I firmly believe UPS wants to be the worlds most hated company to both employees and customers. The former might work for a while, but not the latter.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
I agree with @Gumby. The only reason we are here is for family. What do you have 5 years or so till retirement, you are so close keep grinding and the minute you can...retire. Don't let them get to you thats what they want. Do you put your time in and get out.

the cooler

I agree with @Gumby. The only reason we are here is for family. What do you have 5 years or so till retirement, you are so close keep grinding and the minute you can...retire. Don't let them get to you thats what they want. Do you put your time in and get out.
“Illegitimi non carborundum “ don’t let the bastards grind you down. Hang tough!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So much depends on your circumstances. I would be able to draw my pension after 27 years and could be retired while still fairly young. I never intended to stay that long, but it's an option. Life is too short, and the job is too dangerous to do if you hate it. I don't hate the job, but it's not my dream job either, and I have an exit strategy I've been working on since before I started. I would maybe start working on an exit strategy of your own, and set a deadline, so that you can make it through each day knowing the end is in sight.

john chesney

Considering leaving UPS.
If I had to do another 10 years I’d have to quit. I can’t mentally or physically do it anymore. I’m just spent and it has been getting worse everyday

Box Ox

If you feel like the job might make you jump out a window, walk away. Can’t benefit from a pension if you’ll be too beat up as a retiree or won’t be around to receive it.

If you don’t feel like that, ride ‘er on out.

Have lots of 200+ stop routes at my center. Just isn’t a 30 year job anymore.

The Natural

I can definitely see the finish line. Not sure if i can stay sane to get there. This company has a way of grinding you down. Anyone with any time in can relate.