Wanted To Ask Some Other Saturday Air Drivers Something

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You can try to piece together things using separate maps from the center, you can buy a cheap map book for around 20 bucks at a barnes & noble of your area, or you can continue to do the gps thing. You don't tend to learn/retain as much if you're following turn by turn instructions.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but on average how long does it usually take to become an air driver? I know it depends on the hub, but I was just curious what the average time was.

At least as far as Saturday air goes, it seems to be the ones with lower seniority that get stuck doing it. Unless someone with more WANTS to do it.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
You can try to piece together things using separate maps from the center, you can buy a cheap map book for around 20 bucks at a barnes & noble of your area, or you can continue to do the gps thing. You don't tend to learn/retain as much if you're following turn by turn instructions.

I've also noticed I learn more about an area with maps than I do with GPS. I just tend to use the GPS on those days since I don't really have time to risk getting lost. Though something I'd like to do soon is print a bunch of maps and go ride around the areas on my motorcycle one day, just learning and recalling things.