Wanting info. about the NC Service Centers

MXRIDE451

Looking on moving down to NC , from NH. looking at what Centers are better than other? such as less BS, volume, and better people

Box Ox

Looking on moving down to NC , from NH. looking at what Centers are better than other? such as less BS, volume, and better people

You’ll get more or less of it on different days at every location. I’d recommend you go to a location that offers feeder bids and tuition assistance if you might be interested.

Staydryitsraining

If you want real answers you do one of two things or both. You find out the local and you call and talk to a BA about it or you plan a trip and while in the area you talk to the ups drivers you see.

Heavy Package

looking at what Centers are better than other? such as less BS, volume, and better people

Barack-Cheesin.jpg

AlliSeeisBrown

The centers that are near dense urban areas are pretty wild. (Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte, Durham, Winston Salem). The centers in smaller towns seem to run much smoother, but it's a long wait time to drive in those places. Although, I do remember being asked to go help a small center for a week that was almost an hour away during peak 2016.

Browndoesntfrown

Asheville center here is understaffed, although the wacky management may not be what you’re looking for. Not a long Wait at all to be a driver, I’ve heard as little as two months - again it may not be as well run as your center though. The Wilmington center didn’t seem all that bad when I worked there, all flat ground and no hills like in the western portion of NC. I also had a buddy who preloaded at the Charlotte hub for a mere month before they asked him to drive. That was about one to two years ago.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
At this point in time you might want to take Wilmington off the table. The manager down here is a self professed axe hole. Loves to make up lots of his own rules and has nothing but disdain for the contract.