Warehouse tour

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What should I wear to a warehouse tour?

Dress for the job. Clean jeans and a polo shirt, if you're feeling snappy.

We had a tour come through my hub on Tuesday - my PT sup and I got a giggle in at a jackass in a shirt and tie. You'll be slinging cardboard, not hobnobbing with Scott Davis.

Returntosender

KY, tour at SDF? That's the belly of the beast. Disregard the talking points by HR/tour guide. What you see is will not match what coming out the mouth of the HR person. Advance search the 8 eight keys to lifting and lowering on this site memorize them, and during your tour observe how many employees you see following those methods.

Cementups

Box Monkey
borat-swimsuit.jpg

quamba 638

It's a hard job, don't show up looking soft. But don't show up looking like a bum or a gangsta either.

That's all they hire here anymore. New guys that live in homeless shelters downtown. We lost one of our bathrooms near corporate a few years ago because we had a guy that would literally bathe in the sink, shirt off and all.
Corporate used that bathroom and complained. Now it's sectioned off. It's become a joke seeing some of these guys they hire.

ocnewguy

That's all they hire here anymore. New guys that live in homeless shelters downtown. We lost one of our bathrooms near corporate a few years ago because we had a guy that would literally bathe in the sink, shirt off and all.
Corporate used that bathroom and complained. Now it's sectioned off. It's become a joke seeing some of these guys they hire.

based on the tour groups i've seen walking around lately i wonder what the percentage of new hires on parole/probation is....

J

jibbs

based on the tour groups i've seen walking around lately i wonder what the percentage of new hires on parole/probation is....

In my limited experience? I'd say about 5-10%, and that might be overshooting.

To get higher numbers, a better question to ask would be how many of the new hires have been arrested on two or more occasions. I feel like the number would skyrocket close to 40% for that one, but that's not to say that I think most PTers are inherently bad people. **** happens, people make mistakes. The problem lies with those that continue to repeat their mistakes instead of learning how to avoid them.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I would advise also to wear your non slip shoes as well. It would be a bad start to things if you came across something wet, slipped and got hurt, or maybe it would be a good thing, who knows.

I love when they bring the new hires around my boxline on tour. Its like the imates calling out " fresh fish " when they do that. I usally stop working, and give them " that look ". Also use the " welcome to hell " line every now and again. Ahh, memories.