Warning letter. Are you kidding me.

Thebrownstreak

Tonight I was outside my center managers office and I heard him say that he was going to give one our drivers a warning letter. This driver was in an accident yesterday. He was hit in the rear while driving 40mph down the road. The other driver was cited for using his cell phone. What has me angry is that my center manager said that our driver should have pulled over to the side of the road so it would have been hit while parked. COME ON!!!

iruhnman630

There must be more to this story, and yet, it would be no surprise at all.

Get rear ended? Should've been in the other lane. Didn't check your mirrors every 5-8 seconds, didn't expect the unexpected, did not clear all six sides, did not communicate with the other driver, etc etc...

Southwestern

"Dear UPS Driver,

On Tuesday, February 28, 2012, you were involved in an accident. We subsequently completed a thorough and complete investigation and determined that you failed to expect the unexpected. As you know, all UPS employees are expected to expect the unexpected. As such, you are hereby warned."

Your Center Manager
CC: Employee File, Human Resource Manager, District Manager

Cementups

Box Monkey
"Dear UPS Driver,

On Tuesday, February 28, 2012, you were involved in an accident. We subsequently completed a thorough and complete investigation and determined that you failed to expect the unexpected. As you know, all UPS employees are expected to expect the unexpected. As such, you are hereby warned."

Your Center Manager
CC: Employee File, Human Resource Manager, District Manager

And he should have expected this form letter as well. Since he did not, he will then receive a letter for failing to expect the unexpected warning letter. This could go on and on and on and on............

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its the last day of the month. Your center manager is probably one or two warning letters short of meeting his quota.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One point that hasn't been mentioned yet is the severity of the accident. It's one thing to hit the back of our PC when both are travelling 40 mph. Had the driver pulled to the side of the road and the texter hit it going 40 mph the accident would have been much more severe.

This warning letter is a joke.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If a UPS plane slid off the runway and slammed into my feeder at Logan,would it be my fault or the pilots ??

So, from now on every time we have a car behind us, we should pull over to the side of the road and let it pass? Ok, eta 6am tomorrow. Sorry about the whole DOT 14 hour thing. All we have to offer is service you know, and it just is not safe to drive with someone behind us.

philmydoyle

Just file
haha haha

Your lucky if you were in my building you or whatever person would have been fired... But don't let it bother you cause guess what UNION baby!!!!thats why you do to have to be intimidated by these people I get cursed out harassed fired on a weekly basis... Get with your steward, be unified, stick together and everything will be fine... You can't get fired for BS

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"space and visibility"
It seems that we have come to expect UPS to expect us to expect the unexpected ( :) ), and they want to hold us accountable for everyone elses mistakes and overall driving, walking, general behavior.
In this case, maybe the UPS driver should have sped up to 60mph to increase the other drivers following distance?
Space on all 6 sides!
blah, whatta' scam. Having been victimized before in a similar one, I learned that no one should take it personally, at least imo.