Warning Letter over Telematics

Ok guys, I've always heard that a driver cannot be disciplined over telematics. Well, I've just received a warning letter over telematics telling them I backed first 3 times in one day, which I honestly say is a damn lie. Can you guys point me in the right direction on where in the national agreement this is covered? Ready to file grievance just need solid info backing me.

Ok guys, I've always heard that a driver cannot be disciplined over telematics. Well, I've just received a warning letter over telematics telling them I backed first 3 times in one day, which I honestly say is a damn lie. Can you guys point me in the right direction on where in the national agreement this is covered? Ready to file grievance just need solid info backing me.
What region are you in?

Indecisi0n

We went through this BS few months ago. File file file. There are MANY reasons to back first. EI. Gated stop never buzzes you in for pickup but announces they don't have anything which forces you to back away from gate. Maybe someone blocked you while you were making a delivery and you had to back away first. Like I said many reasons. File.

Indecisi0n

I think you guys are confused what a "back first" is. It's when you start the truck and throw it into reverse before putting it in drive. You are suppose to first turn around (if backing needed) ,make your delivery then when you get into your car you go into drive first.

DS

Fenderbender
I think you guys are confused what a "back first" is. It's when you start the truck and throw it into reverse before putting it in drive. You are suppose to first turn around (if backing needed) ,make your delivery then when you get into your car you go into drive first.
Maybe you're right.If so the OP is guilty.Telematics does so much,is this the best they could come up with?
I think someone doesn't like the OP and is trying to get rid of them.
Maybe he is nosing in to stops and backing out.
Not doing this would be a good place to start.

jaker

trolling
The first thing out of my mouth would have been , AND what is the problem was you there to see Why I backed first

Sorry for the confusion. As indecisi0n stated, I am talking about "nosing into a stop" or getting back to truck after stop and putting truck into reverse before drive. I know that I haven't done this and spoke to mechanic this evening. He says that you have to go a certain distance in forward gear before switching to reverse or that will show a "back first discretion." Ex. a house in a cul-de-sac that is too small for truck to turn around in and you make a 3-point turn. That will cause a "back first discretion" as it is called in my building.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Sorry for the confusion. As indecisi0n stated, I am talking about "nosing into a stop" or getting back to truck after stop and putting truck into reverse before drive. I know that I haven't done this and spoke to mechanic this evening. He says that you have to go a certain distance in forward gear before switching to reverse or that will show a "back first discretion." Ex. a house in a cul-de-sac that is too small for truck to turn around in and you make a 3-point turn. That will cause a "back first discretion" as it is called in my building.
Tell them if they are so concerned about back first exceptions that you need all non powersteering trucks crushed as these "tools" we are given are unsafe by your disciplinary actions towards my "supposed" transgressions. Or you can just shrug, grieve it, and move on.