Warning letter process

calcio56

I received a warning letter in the mail a few weeks ago. Without getting into details, it's bogus.

On the other side of the letter was a statement from the union saying they were appealing the letter.

How long does an appeal take and how will I be notified?

Please don't tell me to go to a union meeting/hall, the blessing of this warning letter is that I finally know what local I'm in.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Mailing a warning letter... that's fabulous. The mud duck in corporate who came up with this idea must be a real warm and fuzzy class act!

calcio56

Is their a time limit on grievances and do I need to get my blood hounds warmed up to track down stue?

Where can I get one and who do I turn it into?

calcio56

Ok so I missed the boat on grieving, no big deal. I think next time a warning letter like this comes up, I'll rts. If nothing else it's a laugh.

So my next question, how do you avoid your shift inhibit?? I'm so fast my shift inhibit engages when I first put it into drive

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The warning letter may be bogus as are many lawsuits that settle out of court because it is cheaper to do so.

Don't ignore the letter, file a grievance to keep the paper trail alive in your behalf.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The warning letter may be bogus as are many lawsuits that settle out of court because it is cheaper to do so.

Don't ignore the letter, file a grievance to keep the paper trail alive in your behalf.

Settling a lawsuit out of court does not necessarily mean that the suit did not have merit. It just means that it was more cost effective to settle rather than fight it in court.

I thought we had 10 calendar days to grieve a warning letter.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Settling a lawsuit out of court does not necessarily mean that the suit did not have merit. It just means that it was more cost effective to settle rather than fight it in court.

I thought we had 10 calendar days to grieve a warning letter.

Never said that, I said: "as are many". Therefore, many may be bogus just as many are legit.