Was awarded SSDI, does anyone know what the Nor Cal pension amount is?

RoBo

UPS robot no more
Hello everyone,

I worked at UPS for 26 years, 25 driving. A workplace accident left me disabled, and after a 3 year battle I have won SSDI, but am still waiting on my official letter to send in with my pension application.

My memory tells me the disability pension is a set amount, or am I,wrong? ,just curious what to expect in Nor Cal, or it might be So Cal now as I'm in central Ca.

Oh, and I'm still waiting to settle in worthless comp, and Liberty Mutual must not be too happy, as my SS award strengthens my case ( 100% workplace attributable)

Also, something for those not yet retired... Get your own Dr. On file before a work injury happens. Kaiser, whom I have a malpractice case against, caused this injury wokwith inept care and lied on my medical paperwork. I took pictures and timestamp emailed them to myself back then which proves the company Dr lied...to save UPS money no doubt. Bastards...MUAHAAHA!! I get the last word!!

fredxx

RoBo ...took 3 yrs to win your case?? i guess i have another couple yrs if mine is anything like yours...alrdy been denied once ..jst hired an attorney to file another appeal so hopefully i'll win the appeal...you're right about getting your own doc ..then switch after the 30 day period ..prob my biggest mistake since i went to company doc for FX for 6 mos...then the guy screwed me on the work status report....now going to MY own doc...

walk it off

Western Conference pays about $3100 take home with spousal benefits. This is peer 80 and varies by age and years worked. Btw I got a attorney after my 1st of 2 knee surgeries. Settled with Liberty Mutual and was awarded SSDI. Total time from claim to retirement was 18 months. Good luck

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hello everyone,

I worked at UPS for 26 years, 25 driving. A workplace accident left me disabled, and after a 3 year battle I have won SSDI, but am still waiting on my official letter to send in with my pension application.

My memory tells me the disability pension is a set amount, or am I,wrong? ,just curious what to expect in Nor Cal, or it might be So Cal now as I'm in central Ca.

Oh, and I'm still waiting to settle in worthless comp, and Liberty Mutual must not be too happy, as my SS award strengthens my case ( 100% workplace attributable)

Also, something for those not yet retired... Get your own Dr. On file before a work injury happens. Kaiser, whom I have a malpractice case against, caused this injury wokwith inept care and lied on my medical paperwork. I took pictures and timestamp emailed them to myself back then which proves the company Dr lied...to save UPS money no doubt. Bastards...MUAHAAHA!! I get the last word!!
Be aware that Medicare will kick in at some point (1 year after start of SSDI award date I think) and your other insurance will become secondary.
Good luck with your disability ... mine was from playing tennis, not UPS related.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
when does peer 80 kick in? wouldn't that be better than a dis pension? keep fighting. you'll win as this is a game everyone plays because they know most people quit after awhile.

RoBo

UPS robot no more
when does peer 80 kick in? wouldn't that be better than a dis pension? keep fighting. you'll win as this is a game everyone plays because they know most people quit after awhile.

I am 49, and would not be eligible for peer 80 until the age of 53. So, it seems I'm not eligible for early retirement, which mean i'm eligible to receive 85% of my full retirement, which is about $2635 with spousal benefits. I was always under the impression our Western conference pension was about 4600 a month. I'm kind of bummed out, but thankful for the SSDI award of about the same monthly amount.

I wonder if, when I'm 53 and then eligible for the peer 80, would the benefit then equal my full benefit? I think that's a pipe dream though, s I'm sure once you lock in, that's it.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks all!!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I am 49, and would not be eligible for peer 80 until the age of 53. So, it seems I'm not eligible for early retirement, which mean i'm eligible to receive 85% of my full retirement, which is about $2635 with spousal benefits. I was always under the impression our Western conference pension was about 4600 a month. I'm kind of bummed out, but thankful for the SSDI award of about the same monthly amount.

I wonder if, when I'm 53 and then eligible for the peer 80, would the benefit then equal my full benefit? I think that's a pipe dream though, s I'm sure once you lock in, that's it.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks all!!

4600 is usually for someone that works 30-35 years. you really need to call the pension people to get the best answer.

i'm thinking that when you are 53 and qualify for peer 80 your benefit would be the same as you quoted above. it's calculated by work hour contributions in a calender year.

that's really not too bad if you can collect a pension and work at another career that is not related to your Teamster job.

call the teamster pension trust