Was the Load Quality Acceptable?

What actually happens if you answer 'NO' when asked this in the diad at the end of the day?
NDA's lost in load, double digit misloads, obvious damages still being loaded, ect.

I always assumed the heat would come back on the preloader who we all know is poorly trained and has a sup in his/her ear yelling at them to just get it on the truck. I've always answered yes, not wanting to negatively affect another hourly but I'm curious what if anything happens if you answer NO.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't think any driver should rat anyone out. The day that a preloader tell me a particular driver is ratting them out, is the day that I'll scrutinize their truck and write them up to my supervisor for not taking out their smalls, airs, hazmats.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you answer "no" you must then go through the questions, marking each one "yes" or "no", and you then have the option of using the comments section.

As to whether your loader sees this or not is up to the PDS.

I prefer to give my feedback directly as I see him every morning. I would use the DIAD if I were in a larger bldg and did not see my preloader.

9.5er

Most times I just put Yes just to be done with the day. We have one preloader that is terrible. He has misloads every day. Constantly lays packages in the wrong places. Leaves holes on the shelves just to throw boxes on top of boxes in the middle of the truck. His "being poorly trained" excuse went out the window long time ago. He has probably 18 years on the job.
I answered the series of questions after answering No honestly for a while as did the other drivers in his set. Nothing was ever said or done as far as I know. I don't think they even look at the results from that.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What actually happens if you answer 'NO' when asked this in the diad at the end of the day?
NDA's lost in load, double digit misloads, obvious damages still being loaded, ect.

I always assumed the heat would come back on the preloader who we all know is poorly trained and has a sup in his/her ear yelling at them to just get it on the truck. I've always answered yes, not wanting to negatively affect another hourly but I'm curious what if anything happens if you answer NO.
Nothing.....we never see those Diad reports anymore....years ago they'd tape them on our trucks the next morning so we could see what the drivers had to say.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Anytime you find a misload/misroute you can go to the precomm screen and put the info in, it will ask where it was found, what the sequence number on the package is, etc. All that information will print out on the diad report the next morning. Some days I could get that report up to 3 or 4 pages long.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
nothing happens. The preload supes are much more concerned about cramming 10 pounds of :censored2: into a 5 pound bag.
One can talk to the preloader ,the preload supe,the driver supe and the center manager about the load and one will quickly discover all that matters is that the preload is done in the shortest time possible

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
nothing happens. The preload supes are much more concerned about cramming 10 pounds of :censored2: into a 5 pound bag.
One can talk to the preloader ,the preload supe,the driver supe and the center manager about the load and one will quickly discover all that matters is that the preload is done in the shortest time possible
Absolutely true....if the loader doesn't take any pride in doing a good job....management doesn't care as long as it gets done. The exception is air found in the load....a loader will hear about that...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have found over the years that taking care of your loader at Christmas pays huge dividends throughout the year.

Of course, with the way the preload job has been dumbed down, any idiot should be able to read a PAL label and load the pkg accordingly.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Loads are always acceptable, otherwise they wouldn't go out. What acceptable is however, well that depends on what shift you work.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My preloader and I get along very very very well. I compliment his load most days and at least once a week bring him donuts or a breakfast from Mickey D's.
The young man does his best every day, It's not his fault they start them too late,load him down with too many cars to load and just cram the belt as full as it can be.I'll usually have a couple of mis loads a week but its no big deal,i like getting paid to ride around delivering them

Future

Victory Ride
I have found over the years that taking care of your loader at Christmas pays huge dividends throughout the year.

Of course, with the way the preload job has been dumbed down, any idiot should be able to read a PAL label and load the pkg accordingly.
I take care of my loader every couple months, besides Christmas......Kid trys his ass off and does a great job....he has the heaviest pull on the boxline(piece wise as well as weight) I am lost when he is off...other guys cant keep up and i am forced to leave building late!

upsmaninmi

Anyone remember "blue cards"? I think they were preload communication cards that the driver would fill out at the end of the day. When I first started loading 20 years ago, I had a driver leave me one that said "you need to get a new fu#%cking job". I should have listened.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone remember "blue cards"? I think they were preload communication cards that the driver would fill out at the end of the day. When I first started loading 20 years ago, I had a driver leave me one that said "you need to get a new fu#%cking job". I should have listened.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Is that driver still working or has he since retired?

govols019

You smell that?
I use the no option all the time. Nobody cares.

We still have stacks upon stacks of blue cards. I use those when the preloader does an exceptional job.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I don't think any driver should rat anyone out. The day that a preloader tell me a particular driver is ratting them out, is the day that I'll scrutinize their truck and write them up to my supervisor for not taking out their smalls, airs, hazmats.
Write them up? Hourlies don't write up other hourlies....they rat them out.....scab.