"Was you knockin' on my door?!" Daily Rant

Marne Vet

Lady: "Was you knockin on my door?!"

Me: (Four row houses away) "Does it look like I was knocking on your door?"

Lady: "Was you?!?!"

Me: "Seriously? How, with my Go-Go Gadget arms? I'm four houses away ma'am. So no, I was not knocking on your door." *sigh*

I should've known she was an idiot when she said "Was you", instead of "Were you", but that's how people speak in the hood. This is what I deal with every day. Had two complaints from yesterday that were concerns. These are just awesome gems. The first was from a lady that was mad that I told her she would have to show me I.D. every time I delivered from now on. Why? The guy that covered my trip during Peak had three tracers in a row at her house, all Uggz. Seriously? All three DR's were stolen? BS! Complain all ya want, but you'll be doing it as you're holding your drivers license and I'm typing your driver ID number into the remarks area. Lets see ya steal another one.
The second concern was from a lady that said I never bothered to knock or ring the bell. These are my favorite complaints because they're such BS. The package in question was 110 lbs, and it was my third stop of the day yesterday! I wanted to get that monster off of the truck during my airs, but I guess she wasn't awake at 9:45 AM, so of course she called in a concern. I hope when she has to lift that box all by herself today that she gets a prolapsed anus. Google it if you don't know what it is, and yes, that image that's burned into your memory now is what I hope happens to her. Cold as balls, balls deep with deliveries, stupid people, three water main breaks, frozen lights, and finding out the coolest road sup we ever had is now leaving. Oh yeah, fun day. I would drink a beer if it wasn't a work night, so here I am to vent. lol Everyone have a fun day on their trip? Mine was glorious.

Just got home a while ago. Had to do my car wash thing tonight for 3 1/2 hours. Ran air this morning and then pulled 20 ground stops off a driver for 4 hours. Slow January.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had my annual ride today. My boss said its the second time it has happened on a ride. The guy comes out yelling "man dude, you knock like the po lice" He says to me Im fifty, I dont know a police knock I probably never will, wth?
Yes thats life in the hood.

didyousheetit

Had my annual ride today. My boss said its the second time it has happened on a ride. The guy comes out yelling "man dude, you knock like the po lice" He says to me Im fifty, I dont know a police knock I probably never will, wth?
Yes thats life in the hood.
I know what you're saying. I delivered 20years in the hood had some of the worst people to deal with and some of the best. Some of the people you thought were the worst were actually the best.

Sent using BrownCafe App

gingerkat

Marne with your numerous threads about horrible helpers and customers, I foresee a stroke or major illness. Can I interest you in a critical illness policy? lol

You might want to figure out how to get that anger out before going out in the job place:consoling:

Marne Vet

Marne with your numerous threads about horrible helpers and customers, I foresee a stroke or major illness. Can I interest you in a critical illness policy? lol

You might want to figure out how to get that anger out before going out in the job place:consoling:

I do all of my venting without breaking a sweat, or elevating my heartbeat. I'm a pro. haha

I anticipate awful customers every day. It's just the area I work in. I grew up in a similar kind of neighborhood, so I'm full of sarcasm, cynicism, and have a nose that can smell BS better than an Airport dog looking for cocaine. I'm as laid back as the Dude. :)

9.5er

At some point we got to start thinking maybe it isn't them it's him.

Marne Vet

same here I like reading your venting posts, but I don't like that there's a reason for them.

I could fill a book with just the stuff I've seen on my trip. Yeah, sometimes these people get to me, but I own them in the end. Burn me once, fine, but they won't get a chance to do it twice. :)
At some point we got to start thinking maybe it isn't them it's him.

All you would have to do is drive through my area to answer that question. When you get a note that says "Please live my paqage nest door. I had to live out" you'll quickly understand the mentality of the area. haha