Waste of money and time

Packmule

So, I got yet another letter from the Union yesterday, telling me that the Master cannot go into effect until all supplementals are ratified. Still no word on how the negotiations are going, much less a ballot. So how much did it cost the IBT to mass-mail that waste of paper out?
Yawn....:sad-little:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So, I got yet another letter from the Union yesterday, telling me that the Master cannot go into effect until all supplementals are ratified. Still no word on how the negotiations are going, much less a ballot. So how much did it cost the IBT to mass-mail that waste of paper out?

They've got to deplete that strike fund before 3 votes!
​IBT does not want a strike.

Ouch

The worse thing that could have possibly happened is the union not being able to fund the pension. The one that holds the pension holds the power IMO. The IBT doesn't want a strike because they have lost some of there bargaining tools. Ups holds the power in the shipping business. A strike would mean the union leaders which in my eyes have become lazy. I will refrase that, some of the leaders have been lazy, there are still some great ones out there. Use to be all about what the members wanted, too much bardering going on and way too political now. I personally think Obama care will hurt the unions as it will take yet another bargaining tool away from us. I think the union may be a little worried about the way the economy is, ups will be able to fill the positions in record time. Another bargaining tool lost by the union.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I have a feeling someone's brother in law might have the printing contract for those IBT mailings.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
They've got to deplete that strike fund before 3 votes!
​IBT does not want a strike.

The money for the mass mailings isn't coming from the strike fund, but it's still a colossal waste of cash considering this if the fifth or sixth UPSdate I've received.

Out of a bargaining unit with 240,000 people, 180,000 of them are union members. Each member has received each mailing. While they get a discount on mass mailings, all of the glossy pamphlets/handbills/tentative agreement packets for the master, supplements, riders/etc. must be union printed per the IBT constitution. They're not exactly running off copies at IBT HQ and slapping stamps on them, they're having to pay an outside company to do it and it's probably not cheap.

Last edited:

QKRSTKR

It was a waste and is old news. Just more threats that we ll never get our raise till all supplements pass. When I threw it in the trash that was my exact thought, "what a waste of $$$$$$). That's why I don't want teamster controlled anything.