Water and Dirt coming in thru rollup door.

browned out

Does anyone have a fix for keeping customers packages dry and clean? The roll up door type sucks up a lot of rain water, mud and dirt causing damage to customers packages. (at least the cardboard) The barn door type is not as bad when it comes to rain, mud, and dust getting in

I don't think it would be to tough of a solution but I cant come up with one.

Our customers deserve dry, clean, and undamaged parcels.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sometimes they have those black rubber mats with holes that can be placed in the RDL-RDR sections of the car.
That's been used in a few problem vehicles here.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Does anyone have a fix for keeping customers packages dry and clean? The roll up door type sucks up a lot of rain water, mud and dirt causing damage to customers packages. (at least the cardboard) The barn door type is not as bad when it comes to rain, mud, and dust getting in

Write it up.

upschuck

Don't think I ever had the rear door be the culprit of wet packages, those "drain holes" sure caused a lot of them though.

Ghost in the Darkness

I drive a 671 with the swing open back doors. If the drains are plugged in the back that will not allow water/moisture back out very well. Worse yet I had a rivoted panel loose on the floor that basically left anything on the floor behind the wheelwells soaked anytime we had a substantial rain. They had to re-rivot the panel.

Holydriver

Have you tried one of those DR bags that UPS provides by the millions?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I went from a 7 to an 8 and I soon was faced with the same issue. My loader actually made a suggestion that solved the problem. We lay extra cardboard down on the rear drop down from RDR TO RDL and then load the packages on top of that. The cardboard acts as a giant sponge and basically sucks up all the water thus keeping the packages dry. Best solution I've come across.