Water Bottles

Purplepackage

Does anyone have suggestions for a good insulated water bottle? Until further notice I'm covering a heavy route (driving around in a 700 all day) and I'm looking for something I can keep a good amount of water in so I don't have to buy water all day.

Back in the day I used to have my own water cooler that I kept in the back but that was 20 years ago lol

Oldfart

Carry a cooler with bottled water and go to Walmart and buy the Yeti knockoff cup for under $10. It holds ice pretty much all day. I will refill it at lunch and the ice is still there the next morning. I just refill my water bottles every morning and put them in the cooler.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have a gallon thermos I fill with ice and leave in the freezer at work in the evening. In the morning, I fill it with water as well as my fantastic insulated cup (I like drinking my water thru a straw) and have iced water all day.
IMG_0318.JPG

Whats in the Box

I have a little Igloo playmate cooler to sit in on a shelf in the back of the truck. It keeps my water bottles cold and have an insulated mug(Walmart Ozark knockoff Yeti type) in the front and refill water all day. I drive one of the old gasoline W700s and the cab does have A/C but not enjoyable until driving back to station

Purplepackage

The gallon thermos seems like a good idea, I'll just have to get an insulated cup from Walmart.

Told myself when I transferred to Colorado that you're part time now and that's that. Now I'm helping the station by covering what must be the heaviest bulk route in Colorado lol

!Retired!

Pricey, but by far the best water bottle on the market is the HydroFlask. I use the 64oz and my wife and little one use the 32oz.

SmithBarney

I fill and freeze(don't fill 100%) 4-6 used 32oz gatorade bottles, put them in my cooler(if you have a big enough freezer, freeze them in the cooler, grab and go in the morning, bottle one goes on the dash, melts at the perfect rate to keep me hydrated.

McFeely

Huge Member
16 oz. Nalgene bottles for me. I freeze 3 of them and 1 more in the fridge. They fit in the Isuzu cup holders and the others stay in my cooler. On really hot days I use frozen 32 oz. Gatorade bottles for extra water.

As for insulated bottles, Klein Kanteen and Hydro Flask work great but may be too large to set anywhere handy.

16 oz. Nalgene bottles for me. I freeze 3 of them and 1 more in the fridge. They fit in the Isuzu cup holders and the others stay in my cooler. On really hot days I use frozen 32 oz. Gatorade bottles for extra water.

As for insulated bottles, Klein Kanteen and Hydro Flask work great but may be too large to set anywhere handy.
That's what @Future does

Star B

White Lightening
I freeze 3 poweraide bottles full of water and two 16.9ers. I will typically fill my 32oz Camelbak in the station and then swap over to whatever size bottle fits the truck I'm using. I can use the Poweraide bottles in the reaches, the smaller ones in the vans. The sprinters it goes either way because both of them fit on the drivers shelf.

Indecisi0n

I freeze 3 poweraide bottles full of water and two 16.9ers. I will typically fill my 32oz Camelbak in the station and then swap over to whatever size bottle fits the truck I'm using. I can use the Poweraide bottles in the reaches, the smaller ones in the vans. The sprinters it goes either way because both of them fit on the drivers shelf.
That's a lot of sugar.

Star B

White Lightening
For the days I forgot to bring water because I was a :censored2:.

I typically drink the sugar free stuff as a substitute.