WAYFAIR - The big stuff ships for free :/

B

BPaul00

I've seen more and more Wayfair packages now since that advert. I had 2 computer desks (each 130lbs) today for one stop, and then another furniture piece for another weighing 90lbs! I guess we'll be seeing more of this during peak!

Notretiredyet

Oh happy day, another customer shipping pressboard furniture packed to be sold from a pallet in a store. Being shipped and destroyed as it goes thru our system, I'm pretty sure UPS doesn't pay claims on this crap, if they do we cant be making money on them.

B

BPaul00

My thoughts exactly! If it shipped for free, and since the only money we make is on the PU, then what about the drivers delivering more and more of these 125lb monsters?

ManInBrown

PetMD packaging is terrible. 50LB box. Never enough tape. I have never delivered one intact. Had 2 today that were beat to hell. Contents coming out of the side of box.

EasyTrucker

My thoughts exactly! If it shipped for free, and since the only money we make is on the PU, then what about the drivers delivering more and more of these 125lb monsters?
Just because the shipper didn't charge the customer for shipping, doesn't mean UPS didn't charge the shipper a regular delivery rate. The delivery cost is just incorporated into the cost of the item the shipper is selling.

Overpaid Union Thug

I had a STACK of those fookers last Friday all over 100lbs. It was the first time I made them send me another driver to help.
I will back up to garage doors/front porches and get as close as I can and still struggle to get them there. Those bastards are hard to get up. I feel like I'm peeling a 100 slab of wood wrapped in cardboard and plastic off the floor.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Oh joy, I thought they used FedEx only... I've seen my share of wayfair stuff on the purple side as well. PS, u can have chewy back ;p

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Just ordered a sleigh bed for my son from Wayfair. Free shipping and it was here in 4 days. Can't beat that. Funny thing is that it's actually an Ashley Furniture piece but came from Wayfair. None the less it came mostly together and in perfect condition. I too was worried but my UPS guy left it with out issue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've been receiving ads for Wayfair daily on the computer and probably weekly through the snailmail. They are really marketing! I've looked, but never bought anything!

Pooter

It never fails that all my south shore/wayfair crap goes to apartments :(

Hopefully they become shipper release so I can dump em in lobbies :D

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I recently bought a pub table and two chairs through Wayfair. I cringed because I assumed the packaging would be destroyed and the table/chairs damaged, but everything was in good shape! There was no MDF or "particle" board anywhere and all the hardware was present.