Ways to improve.

HelperGuy

I have worked for numerous years as a helper...go ahead insert your joke here. As an outsider there just seems way too many things that could be improved, I come from a military and farm background so I know all about procedures and being strict and also getting by with what you got on the battlefield....as well as the technology advancements that are possible now. The cab is way too basic and crude, it makes easier cleaning but a real cab would make a tough job more enjoyable. why not have a radio, charge ports, real heater and ac, heated more comfortable seat. Jump seat is a bad piece of plywood with a tiny worthless cushion. How about a gps based monitor screen that displays all deliveries for the day, instead of following a tiny map on diad and there directions you could more effectively see nearby deliveries, this would also allow to show when you are at a house doing an early next day and then return to same house for a regular delivery.....I know I am preaching to a choir that knows all this and hates my opinion, just my thoughts.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Nobody hates your opinion...

But, upgrading all of those things will cut into my take home somehow.

I don't care if they start or not.

And that's because people way above my pay grade don't care.

Never stress about things you can not change...

Good luck.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
How about a/c. Ups does not care about the driver. They hate us all. They want us to be miserable.
The only way to add or remove features is for the manufacture to require it as standard equipment.

I have worked for numerous years as a helper...go ahead insert your joke here. As an outsider there just seems way too many things that could be improved, I come from a military and farm background so I know all about procedures and being strict and also getting by with what you got on the battlefield....as well as the technology advancements that are possible now. The cab is way too basic and crude, it makes easier cleaning but a real cab would make a tough job more enjoyable. why not have a radio, charge ports, real heater and ac, heated more comfortable seat. Jump seat is a bad piece of plywood with a tiny worthless cushion. How about a gps based monitor screen that displays all deliveries for the day, instead of following a tiny map on diad and there directions you could more effectively see nearby deliveries, this would also allow to show when you are at a house doing an early next day and then return to same house for a regular delivery.....I know I am preaching to a choir that knows all this and hates my opinion, just my thoughts.
You can always become a driver then you wouldn't have to sit in jumper seat
Just my opinion

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
How about a/c. Ups does not care about the driver. They hate us all. They want us to be miserable.
The only way to add or remove features is for the manufacture to require it as standard equipment.
I have A/C. 😃

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

What kind of drugs are you on?
If the “empire” could get by with having us stand all day they’d do it

The only reason they have heat is to try and keep the windows clear

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Most of the improvements that would make learning the route easier is only good for newbies. For those of us who've been driving a while, they are unnecessary distractions. I don't have a problem with the heaters. A/C is a tree that will be barked up for eternity. The jump seat does suck, no reason they couldn't make it more comfortable. We are allowed to supply our own radio, and because the company tries to get us to use our phones for work purposes, the least they could do is put in some usb charge ports.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
If you were military then why aren’t you a driver by now? 4 branches would’ve taught you that you have a lot to offer and you would’ve cracked up your resume… The fifth and final, my own Marine Corps, would’ve given you the drive to lie and do whatever it takes to force your way into the position…

GenericUsername

Man, all I'm wanting is better ventilation in the cargo area. AC in the cab really isn't feasible in Florida since we're in/out so much, but a better vent system would be amazing. There's not much like opening up the bulkhead to getting blasted in the face by 140 degree heat. Well, burning your arm on a shelf kinda feels great too but that's another story.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Man, all I'm wanting is better ventilation in the cargo area. AC in the cab really isn't feasible in Florida since we're in/out so much, but a better vent system would be amazing. There's not much like opening up the bulkhead to getting blasted in the face by 140 degree heat. Well, burning your arm on a shelf kinda feels great too but that's another story.
How about the guys up way north who get their tongues stuck to a shelf during the winter?

FB1159B6-F0DF-42DB-A82B-964B032477A6.gif

quad decade guy

Noble thoughts and ideas all.....how about a microwave or espresso machine?

Now for reality-

As a farmer or military guy......you are used to austerity. Yes? Yes. Ok.

I can remember seeing a radio on a tractor as a boy and being very envious as the one I used had no umbrella, wind screen or more than a hard piece of metal to sit on, yes they have come a long way.

I'm sure you looked around whatever military situation was at hand and thought it would be nice to have a latte right now...

As has been alluded to above(in other posts), UPS is as plain and simple and basic for creature comforts as it gets. Go back 40 years and you would think it simply barbaric. Lots of WOOD in pkg cars. Yeah wood.

You simply don't understand the dynamics of labor and economy that runs this company.....or you wouldn't have even brought it up.

Now for electronic aids, as stated above-the job can be done without it.....it was for years and the job hasn't changed all that much. UPS doesn't want you spending any more time in the cab than absolutely necessary. They don't want you looking at anything except your walk path. Would it be grand to have a big ole nav screen with blinking next stop or three? You bet. Or even course to next? Yes! But all of this would have to be maintained and cleaned and so on. Ever taken a quick look at say a bathroom at UPS? See?

UPS spends their money on ways to hold you accountable and be more productive. Your comfort doesn't even register. Whatever ergonomic designs are present do just that or prevent injuries. They don't give one good :censored2: about the employee.

UPS helped pioneer GPS aircraft landing devices. They did this to simply make more money. Yes, keeping the planes from crashing was a good thing.....but it was about delivering pkgs/delays not pilot safety.

Btw, UPS knows all of this. The failure of EDD or whatever.

In the end, if they can get rid of humans(you) to deliver pkgs......they will.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
It’s called... being a man. Us men don’t need these extra things.