we are not ready part 3

wornoutupser

Here we go again in Florida.
The rentals are gone.
Runs that can still get a jumper run full blown stop counts.
Helpers end here tomorrow- we dont have enough trucks and we dont have enough drivers.

Let the fun begin again!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We went out and rented 3 Uhauls tonight because we are supposed to be missing about 1000 pieces. Helpers, UHAULS, heavy staffing and heavy volume....god, I already miss those days and it's only 6 days into the year.

undies

Everyone is working on their 9.5 hours to be able to opt in next week. Most everyone learned their lesson and will be on the list this year. Cannot wait.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Watch management adjust to the 9.5 list by having "crush days". Don't worry, we will get your pick up pieces so you can work 13 hours on your non- 9.5 days.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes. Tuesday was very heavy. They sent an on car to go get a rental. Today is busy but, it will dwindle down for the rest of the week. For us. I'm seeing a pattern like this every week. Blow us out for 2 days. Then adjust for the rest of the week. We may have 1-9.5 this month. February usually is a drop in volume. Except for the week before Valentin's day

You've Got Mail

I'm only a seasonal so what does 9.5 mean? And also what does scratching mean in UPS lingo?

Went in today and they told me to go home. Why couldn't they just text me this morning? So retarded...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Watch management adjust to the 9.5 list by having "crush days". Don't worry, we will get your pick up pieces so you can work 13 hours on your non- 9.5 days.
Supposedly with the new contract there is language where they can't do this. ..we'll see how it goes though

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm only a seasonal so what does 9.5 mean? And also what does scratching mean in UPS lingo?

Went in today and they told me to go home. Why couldn't they just text me this morning? So retarded...
Scratching means you brushed the car against some bushes or tree branches and scratched the hell out of the paint...leave a space cushion around the vehicle and this won't happened.

By The Book

How can you be on 9.5 when is still consider peak until the 15th
The 9.5 list is live. The jan.15 language applies to the use of helpers only! If you are on the list now, remember nov. and dec. didn't count. If you got on the list oct.15 for example you have 4 1/2 months left on the list.