we are not ready part 3

oldngray

nowhere special
When we first went to DIADs UPS admitted it wasn't faster. They claimed it was "just as fast". It made things easier for people in offices and improved tracking and that was all they cared about. Of course it didn't stop the time allowances changing - and every time something changes it takes away from the driver, never gives anything back.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
When we first went to DIADs UPS admitted it wasn't faster. They claimed it was "just as fast". It made things easier for people in offices and improved tracking and that was all they cared about. Of course it didn't stop the time allowances changing - and every time something changes it takes away from the driver, never gives anything back.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

They charge people for additional handling, on oversize pkgs, but we get no more time for handling them, Oh maybe the over 70s but it takes longer to put in that allowance than you get for it. They know it takes longer, yet we eat it. Which is why I dont care.

Supervisors telling me, if you have to wait for a handicap person, make them sign, it gives you more allowance.........I have already lost time and now you want me to make them sign with gnarled hands, and need both of them on their walker? Its ludicrous sometimes you just have to kind of swallow hard and keep going, knowing you will never do that, and the OR willl not be kind to you, because you use common sense. If the numbers were as fair as they were before all the changes, I could tell them every minute I lost, or gained. Now they are so skewed I no longer even look, except when occasionally I do to make sure my paid day is correct.

I have one man who literally crawls to the door, and I have to wait 5 minutes...no exaggeration. ~~
He has ms, when I didn't wait, I got a complaint. Which do they want? Its all a cost of doing business. There is no way a security gate is figured in. There is no way locked businesses are figured in, Or schools.

They just want you to run for every second you lose. They want you to skip meal breaks, and lunches, to meet the demand. All that does is make you less efficient, because you are not a machine, you are human.