We are ready!!!

The_Brown_Hornet

If you frequent UPSers you have probably seem all the videos saying we are ready for peak. I think the vast majority of UPS centers are far from ready. I predict a repeat of 2013, if not worse. Propaganda only goes so far and convinces so many people. I wish the top management in Atlanta would step down to our level and see just how bad things really are. Just saying.........

barnyard

KTM rider
My supe and I were going over our center's plans and it seems like they are prepared. As long as no one gets hurt and all the helpers show up. And we don't take one up the pooper from Ma Nature.

watdaflock?

The horror. The horror.

tumblr_lqqaetInmi1qcfba3o1_500.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
It used to be at peak, that I used my helper so that I worked 8.5 hour days, until the week of Christmas. Pretty sure I did that 2 years ago. Not last year, sure would be nice for this year.

upschuck

Last year was the worst possible scenario in how the days fell, this year we have more days, and Christmas is on a Thursday, which is much better than Wednesday. Those two things alone will make peak better.

The_Brown_Hornet

I guess it depends on where you are, as to how prepared your center is. I am sure in the larger cities where UPS is seen more things will be different. I am sure UPS will go to great length to protect their image. The center I am in is probably 70% residential. I have notice that SurePost is up. I can't figure out how some genius in IE thinks that bags don't take up more space. That's my gripe about Surepost a pile of bags is just that a pile it take up too much space. I preloaded for years neatly stacked works so much better. I wonder if I could invent a square bag?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We are planning 5 more routes this year, which is nearly a 10% increase. The majority of our routes are rural so the old plan of the miracle helpers making everything good might have changed.

PT Car Washer

How do you explain SurePost to a new seasonal hire. Just throw the boxes into a truck and get them out the door. Should have been planning for this years Peak 5 years ago.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Get us out of the building on time! That makes a huge difference In my day.

Its alot easier to deliver,durring the daylight hours.

but what do I know??
You can't leave on time if we're not wrapped. If management stopped playing Let's build a route at 8am...and add/cut city at 830.... We'd get done on time if we didn't have to move packages twice! But I'm just an overpaid box monkey....I know nothing...lol.

barnyard

KTM rider
My center gave 3 routes back to the center they came from (15ish years ago). Only 1 driver followed his route, so we are +2 experienced drivers over last year. We have added 4 or 5 TCD that are all trained and qualified (we had 1 wash out that was replaced.) We also have 1 that trained for an air job but turned it down after seeing a big pay decrease. Sounds like he will drive for peak (being forced, so higher wage), plus an off the street hire that has worked 3 or 4 seasons started yesterday.

1 boss wants to make a 2-3 week remote route that would take lots of pressure off 3 routes. There is a driver that is willing to run the remote, so if they can find a place to park a truck, it will work really, really well.

We have a few helpers out this week and tomorrow there is supposed to be 11.

I dunno. It seems like my center is heading in the right direction.

PT Car Washer

Get us out of the building on time! That makes a huge difference In my day.

Its alot easier to deliver,durring the daylight hours.

but what do I know??
Do you mean start the Preload earlier so you can get out on time or (God forbid) a bit sooner? No can do. Might make the Preload numbers look bad. You will just have to work off the clock if you want out on time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do you mean start the Preload earlier so you can get out on time or (God forbid) a bit sooner? No can do. Might make the Preload numbers look bad. You will just have to work off the clock if you want out on time.
It cracks me up. Every other thing they try to stick to goes out the window 10 days later but those preload numbers man we've been sticking to those forever.

barnyard

KTM rider
You can't leave on time if we're not wrapped. If management stopped playing Let's build a route at 8am...and add/cut city at 830.... We'd get done on time if we didn't have to move packages twice! But I'm just an overpaid box monkey....I know nothing...lol.

I ran one of those crapwagons yesterday.

150 stops in 7 sections. The sequence numbers were so tight that the preloader could not get them in order.

Not a good day for me.