We Can't Pickup Your Package...FAIL!!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I've heard that when we shut down on calls early and someone gets on line, makes a label, sets a pick up for that day, that nothing tells them that it's too late to get an on call pup and they sit and wait for us to show, which we never do. Even disp. knows this happens.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If this actually happens, it should work out good for us.
Heck, we didn't leave the bldg. until after 1100 today.
Were told the ramp ran out of ULDs.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I asked disp. this question this AM when I logged in.
He confirmed that they did cut them off yesterday for today but, that they changed their minds and let them go on.

This is one of the largest districts in the U.S.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We got the word this morning there were no oncalls. About 12:00, they sent out a message oncalls were back on.

Yep. They changed their minds, probably because this is a huge shipping day and a lot of companies were promoting free shipping if you bought it today. I am aware of several stations that have the potential to have 30 undelivered containers on 12-24. It is that bad.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I love this. My wife and I do most of our Christmas shopping with Amazon Prime. So far, everything that was sent to my home via UPS arrived within the advertised two days. And ALSO so far, everything which was sent via FedEx has yet to show up at all. I'm seeing items which were designated as "out for delivery" 3 days ago.

That's delivering on the ol' Purple Promise right there.. Gawd, what a complete and utter joke this entire company has become.

Long live UPS and screw FedEx!

TUT

Residence: So far Amazon this season has been 100% for me on all carriers, which we get about 4 different carrier's where I am at. But doubt there is back up, perhaps if it is indeed "bad enough", you'll guys will get some relief next time.

clipperman

Ro
I love this. My wife and I do most of our Christmas shopping with Amazon Prime. So far, everything that was sent to my home via UPS arrived within the advertised two days. And ALSO so far, everything which was sent via FedEx has yet to show up at all. I'm seeing items which were designated as "out for delivery" 3 days ago.

That's delivering on the ol' Purple Promise right there.. Gawd, what a complete and utter joke this entire company has become.

Long live UPS and screw FedEx!
I also hv pkgs showing in transit,on time,the scheduled delivery date was Monday the 16th,the last scan is 500+ miles away from me,how can that b in transit on time

bbsam

Staff member
So does this mean FedEx Smartpost pkgs are less of a priority? I know the USPS is slow but they don't have a chance to prove that until they get the pkg,which they still have not
Yes, they probably do. The packages aren't scanned separately along the way. Your package was scanned with several others and placed in a bag. That bag is then tagged with it's own barcode and shipped to your post office. That barcode probably is not known to you, but that is the tracking number that would show your package has indeed arrived. Sucks, but more and more that's "free shipping".