We did it!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes we made it, everything delivered. Some things left in really strange places but wanted everyone to remember we came through.
Ive been Mia lately, Im back....................
But for tonight, hope you all have a silent night a peaceful night, a noisy night whatever you want. Rest up and enjoy family and friends and new gadgets and gifts. Reconnect with your spouse or SO. This is your time, you all deserve it.
I usually use this time to return Christmas cards..........................Im so very bad.

Big Babooba

I had the easiest Christmas peak ever. I found a magic delivery box behind a Cumberland Farms store. It is made of steel and has a plastic lid. It is green and has the letters "WM' painted on it. Whenever it got full, a truck with forks on the front would come along every day and empty it out. I could stuff 60 - 80 stops a day into it. It sure made my days easier!:happy-very:

Big Babooba

I had the easiest Christmas peak ever. I found a magic delivery box behind a Cumberland Farms store. It is made of steel and has a plastic lid. It is green and has the letters "WM' painted on it. Whenever it got full, a truck with forks on the front would come along every day and empty it out. I could stuff 60 - 80 stops a day into it. It sure made my days easier!:happy-very:
I just found out that the "WM" stands for "Waste Management"!!! I thought it stood for "wants more" so I kept stuffing it with packages! What have I done? :surprised:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center manager surprised us yesterday by keeping all of the Peak areas on and letting everyone who had been using helpers to use them one last day even though the volume and stops were way down. We were given the option to go Code 5. I was punched out and gone by 1530, which included taking my helper out to lunch, and I was not the first one done.

This was for the most part an uneventful Peak for me. We had one minor snowstorm but were impacted by storms in other parts of the country which delayed our NDA. Our center shuttled the air to us rather than having us come back to the bldg which makes all the difference in the world. I had one day where I got slammed (251 stops, 500+ pkgs) but did not punch out after 1830 throughout Peak.

I am taking Monday off but will work New Year's Eve to make up some of the hours.

Our center manager did the best job on peak i've ever seen and I thanked him for it. When its planned out like that you have to give credit where credit is do.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If it is like in the previous few years, we have a couple weeks of "peak" to go.
The management team in my building has finally conceded that peak will extend into mid January and can no longer be considered an anomaly as the company contended in previous years.
The company and local are in the process of negotiating the use of helpers for the next few weeks.

TheDick

If it is like in the previous few years, we have a couple weeks of "peak" to go.
The management team in my building has finally conceded that peak will extend into mid January and can no longer be considered an anomaly as the company contended in previous years.
The company and local are in the process of negotiating the use of helpers for the next few weeks.

Say bub are you west coast? I heard the same rumor.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Say bub are you west coast? I heard the same rumor.

No I am in the Midwest.
This continued volume spike in January, an extended peak, has occurred here for the last three or four years.
From what I've been told it is not an anomaly that was restricted to this area of the country.
The company has shifted their strategy from one of surprise, to now trying to negotiate a feasible plan with the local union.
Last years contractual violations resulted in scores of grievances here, all in the wake of a newly ratified contract.
Perhaps this is another issue that was overlooked in the haste to get the contract ratified early.