We must launch a coordinated Strike or else we're all screwed...

Rented Ammo

Hoffa and Hall Have all the Power...they can prob repel any vote....it's up to every single local and ALL of its members to go on strike by ourselves and not with the help of our union leadership that has agreed to sell us out...So, Mark down Monday June 3rd as the Date in which well will show the world the strength in numbers that we have...Our futures are on the line in this contract, your families futures are on the line in this contract, this is not the time to sit back and take this...now is the time to Fight Back and Demand what we Deserve...Not only Package and Parttimers but Getting the Planes and Feeders to Strike will make this successful....sounds like a pipe dream but **** it Who's with me?

Notretiredyet

Re: We must launch a coordinated Strike or else were all screwed...

Calling for a wildcat strike could get you fired, please don't try this while on UPS property or time. At this point your best move is to vote no and try to convince others to do the same. Make a point to attend the TA explanation meeting at your local and let them know how you feel about the new contract.

jaker

trolling

The sad part is when this pass you won't find a single member who voted yes

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Hoffa and Hall Have all the Power...they can prob repel any vote....it's up to every single local and ALL of its members to go on strike by ourselves and not with the help of our union leadership that has agreed to sell us out...So, Mark down Monday June 3rd as the Date in which well will show the world the strength in numbers that we have...Our futures are on the line in this contract, your families futures are on the line in this contract, this is not the time to sit back and take this...now is the time to Fight Back and Demand what we Deserve...Not only Package and Parttimers but Getting the Planes and Feeders to Strike will make this successful....sounds like a pipe dream but **** it Who's with me?

From where I sit it my families future looks quite secure for another 5 years.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

From where I sit it my families future looks quite secure for another 5 years.
You are one of those, I got mine, screw you types. In my experience, everyone that I run into with that attitude have always been an Old Guard wanna be. Just saying.

Leadfarmer153

This is what the workers from hostess did. Strike without permission from the teamsters. It didn't go so well. Go ahead but UPS is gonna fire you and the teamsters won't back you at panel.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

This is what the workers from hostess did. Strike without permission from the teamsters. It didn't go so well. Go ahead but UPS is gonna fire you and the teamsters won't back you at panel.

The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco, and Grain Millers Workers (who represented the inside Hostess workers that produced their products) struck, not the Teamsters (who represented the various drivers). The Hostess Strike was not a wildcat strike. BCTGM - as a seperate union - decided to strike without the consent of the IBT. But that's an entirely different matter.

A Wildcat Strike - especially in an era with high unemployment - would be suicidal and your local would be unable or unwilling to get your job back. You're far better off handing out fliers to other PT'ers (OFF the clock and AWAY from work areas) on your own time and informing your coworkers how you feel about the contract.

Inthegame

Let me guess... You are a full timer not affected by the new health insurance plan.
He has stated he's a full timer under a union plan, a plan that can change conditions at the trustees discretion. His plan also has deductibles as he has stated. He lives in the real world.
What too many are missing is the UPS plan of the past was gone. Deductibles/co-premiums would have been in any future UPS plan (as it already is for management). Co-premiums are much more costly than deductibles, which is what was offered. Face it, hall delivered exactly what he promised. Not even .09 paid for a co-premium. That means for those that don't need H&W, don't pay. How's that a bad deal?

UPS_Broken_Dreams

I remember when I first started at ups, thinking to myself "wow, I'm here at a great company with awesome benefits". Little did I know I had to wait a full year for those benefits. The sup at my interview made it seem as if you'll become a driver in no time and then I found out the truth that most have to wait between 6-10 years just to start driving. I bust my ***** on the sort isle everyday, sore from the day before and lacking sleep Bc of my second job that is required of me since UPS is so cruel to its part time work force. This job barely pays for gas and food and they expect us to work harder and receive less benes than what is expected? Screw that and all while our full time brothers reap all the rewards and still complain. Suck it up they say, lol. Some of you drivers are spoiled babies complaining when you make so much. Most of you didn't have to wait 10+ years for your Ft driver positions and don't forget about inflation, your 8.50 was worth more too. Im disgusted and ashamed how some of you can sellout your fellow part timers for an extra buck or two. I'll remember to vote yes when your retirement is up on the chopping board.

balland chain

The sad part is when this pass you won't find a single member who voted yes
The hourlies worker who live beyond their means will vote this dog thru..sadly !! The rest of us will be screwed because of that and also the hourlies who are uninformed....

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

I remember when I first started at ups, thinking to myself "wow, I'm here at a great company with awesome benefits". Little did I know I had to wait a full year for those benefits. The sup at my interview made it seem as if you'll become a driver in no time and then I found out the truth that most have to wait between 6-10 years just to start driving. I bust my ***** on the sort isle everyday, sore from the day before and lacking sleep Bc of my second job that is required of me since UPS is so cruel to its part time work force. This job barely pays for gas and food and they expect us to work harder and receive less benes than what is expected? Screw that and all while our full time brothers reap all the rewards and still complain. Suck it up they say, lol. Some of you drivers are spoiled babies complaining when you make so much. Most of you didn't have to wait 10+ years for your Ft driver positions and don't forget about inflation, your 8.50 was worth more too. Im disgusted and ashamed how some of you can sellout your fellow part timers for an extra buck or two. I'll remember to vote yes when your retirement is up on the chopping board.
No full timer can sellout any part timer. You guys and gals far outnumber us FTers. If you would all vote together as a block, you could own this contract. No one to blame but yourselves.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

No full timer can sellout any part timer. You guys and gals far outnumber us FTers. If you would all vote together as a block, you could own this contract. No one to blame but yourselves.

What is the ratio of part time to full time anyway??

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"

What do part timers want ? You have medical benefits better than most recieved anywhere without paying a premium,a pension,dental ,vision, and a competative wage compared to any part time unskilled job (yes we move cardboard not perform surgery). It is a part time job for crying out loud !!!! My full time boss and my wife bust my chops to quit all the time .To give up paid benefits, a $1500.00 pension and $25.00+ and hour ( end on contract) for working 17.5 to 20 hours a week, I would need to have a head exam maybe even part time brain surgeon. WTF.

UPS Preloader

I agree, no full timer can sellout any part timer. PT's outnumber the FT's. My question is: Do you feel this contract is a good deal for the PT's? If no, will you support the PT's and vote no? I myself vote for the good of the whole. Do you?

Returntosender

What is the ratio of part time to full time anyway??
5 PT for every 1 FT in 1997.
Sunday, August 17, 1997Story last updated at 5:40 p.m. on Friday, August 15, 1997
UPS STRIKE: Part-time workers do not have any benefits
We would like to respond to the recent editorial calling on the president to invoke the Taft-Hartley Act and order United Parcel Service workers back to work with the force of law.
It is confusing to me that the same people who call for the government to get off the backs of business have no problem calling for government intervention when working men and women take a stand for a safe work place and decent treatment.
From reading the editorial, you might believe that the 98 percent of UPS drivers, loaders, sorters and pilots who walked out to man the picket lines did so only because the leadership of the Teamsters told them to; and that the 60 percent of the UPS work force that is part time, with reduced or no benefits, wish to remain that way.
The national average for the part-time work force is 18 percent. UPS is more than three times that. While it is true that some of us wish to remain part time, the vast majority see all new business created at UPS converted to part-time jobs at a rate of five part-time jobs for every full-time job.Jacksonville.com: UPS STRIKE: Part-time workers do not have any benefits 8/16/97 | Jacksonville.com