Weather in Oklahoma- Tornado

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I believe their objections to the NJ and NY Sandy relief was that funds were flowing outside NJ/NY like the DC area and in the Caribbean and elsewhere around the US.
It was the piggybacking practice they objected to.
We'll see what happens here but knowing Congress, some roofs in Maryland and Pennsylvania got damaged by the Moore OK tornado.

...with inclinations they would've voted against a Sandy relief package even if it was spent wholly in NY/NJ, which is perfectly consistent with their voting records. Given the landslide victories by OK voters to put these two into office, I certainly think it would be appropriate for them to be consistent and reject federal funding for OK.

Amazing how people, even on here, whine, cry & complain about the government... until it affects them.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
...with inclinations they would've voted against a Sandy relief package even if it was spent wholly in NY/NJ, which is perfectly consistent with their voting records. Given the landslide victories by OK voters to put these two into office, I certainly think it would be appropriate for them to be consistent and reject federal funding for OK.

Amazing how people, even on here, whine, cry & complain about the government... until it affects them.

LOL, like the IRS.

A buddy of mine tried to get me to sign up for the tea party when they first started having meetings. I looked him right in the eye and said, " signing up for those things.. yea, putting your name on anything politically driven is a bad idea " and one of the thoughts I had was about them using the IRS as a weapon, looks like its all coming true.

wayfair

swollen member
A guy I've known for almost 20 years, a guy that I have a couple weeks seniority over, he works in the area, lost his wife and almost their 8 year old son Monday afternoon.... drivers are having a collection for him and his family for the next few days.... sad day indeed

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't even know how to respond to that. Absolutely a terrible thing. I hope and pray that he can get through this.

It's unfathomable that teachers got their kids to what they believed was a safe area only to have them drown in that spot because the storm collapsed the building so severely.

wayfair

swollen member
this is from another friend-coworker on facebook...

Spent the day yesterday with a good group of friends, some old, and some I'd never met before, going thru what was left of Mike and Shannon Quick's house. Their neighborhood took a direct hit, Shannon lost her life, but her two boys and her mother made it through the storm. Their 13 year old son Tanner just had a bump on his head and a scratch. 8 year old Jackson has severe injuries, underwent surgery Monday night, spent four days in the PICU, and is now recovering in a regular room. But it's going to be a long road for Jackson.

So, here's we're you can help. UPS is is letting Mike take off work as long as he needs. Unfortunately, they are not going to pay him while doing so. I can't imagine losing my wife, my home, all my possessions, seeing my 8 year old son fight for his life, and all the while, worrying about money.