Weather?!?!?

BrownSuit

Anybody else scratching their head on the 7 cent per share weather impact? Take a look at the storms from the past two Q1 periods. Outside of the sub zero temps in the midwest, 2018 was much rougher from a weather perspective.

In fact in Q1 2018 we stated the weather impact was $85M compared to $80M in Q1 2019.

Something smells fishy and when lesdership fails to lead they find an excuse for their failings.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I honestly thought that padlocking the fuel pumps on the last day of the quarter was a stroke of genius, and just the sort of innovative thinking and inspired leadership that would get us over the hump and solidly back into the green.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I am betting the Management Committee had a heated debate about whether to blame Weather, Trump or some random on-car supervisor in Terra Haute, Indiana.

BrownSuit

Not sure what Rock you been hiding under, watch the NATIONAL weather sometime.

The same rock that had last year's weather impact and understands what it means to UPS.

The entire state of Nebraska was under water for much of q1 also

Agree that there were impacts to different areas that were different. In your case the second half of the quarter and while to each person their own local weather is impactful, consider the overall impact to service and volume.

The point of this post is we've had much worse weather to contend with based on the words of our own Management Committee. The fact that they refuse to acknowledge the true issues and blame weather is a problem. Looks like the street agrees.

Bets on if the board does anything?

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Anybody else scratching their head on the 7 cent per share weather impact? Take a look at the storms from the past two Q1 periods. Outside of the sub zero temps in the midwest, 2018 was much rougher from a weather perspective.

In fact in Q1 2018 we stated the weather impact was $85M compared to $80M in Q1 2019.

Something smells fishy and when lesdership fails to lead they find an excuse for their failings.

Tough to stomach, but there it is. The excuses start at the very top.

Popeye

UPS doesn’t have leaders. Only Losers. What they do is called Losership, not leadership. They are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. The ship has already hit the iceberg.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
UPS doesn’t have leaders. Only Losers. What they do is called Losership, not leadership. They are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. The ship has already hit the iceberg.
And you got transformed 2 months ago.....and you keep coming back for more. Move on, man. Enjoy what's left of your life.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
AA2CEF21-6E4F-495D-920A-914571086D2E.jpeg

This gonna get good before it’s over