Week three

watdaflock?

Monday week three (pretty much) the same as last.
Not a significant increase, maybe our small hubs record but not nearly what I expected.
A tad over six hours this AM.

watdaflock?

Also to note - the Midwest is getting very lucky this peak weather wise.

Maybe if I taunt Mother Nature we will get lucky and have a white Christmas.
french-taunt-o.gif

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Imagine you're drowning...and someone hands you a stack of packages....
Today's work was sorted partially and loaded on saturday...between Sat and today...the entire sort took 11.5 hours. The belts out of primary were so packed...boxes were just falling off....a total smiletshow. This is my 9th peak...i have never seen the amount of work we're getting now..average day last peak was 100k. They said we did over 140k today.

watdaflock?

Oh yea.....(hoping our center manager surfs the BrownCafe)

Why isn't our bulk sheets anything close to accurate on Mondays?
Geez.....to be off a few dozen is one thing. Sheets off by the hundreds obviously means somebody isn't doing their job.

rant over.....back to my three frogs.
Three-Frogs.png

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Geez.....to be off a few dozen is one thing. Sheets off by the hundreds obviously means somebody isn't doing their job.

Three-Frogs.png
We get nothing anymore...no load charts...no bulk sheets. It's all a surprise unless i have time to print the driver manifest for a route....ridiculous.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Started at 00:30. Volume was expected to be lighter than they originally thought. Ended up getting lots of "unforecasted" :censored2:. Oh and only a 10 min break! On the other hand, we finished earlier than ever before - ~06:45ish.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Started at 00:30. Volume was expected to be lighter than they originally thought. Ended up getting lots of "unforecasted" :censored2:. Oh and only a 10 min break! On the other hand, we finished earlier than ever before - ~06:45ish.
You usually get more than a 10 min break? we don't...I'm working 9, 9.5 hour shifts with 10 min breaks.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Today. 89 stops 4 picks 145 miles. Done at 3:15. Because of work on Saturday. Running M -Sat. They expect Tuesday to Thursday to be heavy. Then taper off from there.

browntroll

today wasnt that bad for me last week was worse. i believe we had around 100k got 6 hours with my break could have gotten more
but i decided to use my usual escape plan of hiding from sups that wander to my area to get ppl for their area.

S

selfcancelsignal

Three-Frogs.png
In our center, it's because every Monday during peak, they're advancing a trailer or 2. I had 1 bulk stop that had 45 forecasted on those sheets & there were actually 65. Also a stop with just over 10 that I've never delivered to, & the guy was like, "We usually just pick those up at your center."

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Had a great day going until I had to bail out management from a very serious situation. On the bright side, I do believe I may have parlayed that into a 4-day weekend starting on 12/25. We'll see.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our center, it's because every Monday during peak, they're advancing a trailer or 2. I had 1 bulk stop that had 45 forecasted on those sheets & there were actually 65. Also a stop with just over 10 that I've never delivered to, & the guy was like, "We usually just pick those up at your center."

They have been advancing trailers here on Mondays as well.

upschuck

Has peak started? Seems like a normal week to me, oh wait, I did get a couple of extra minutes of OT yesterday, so maybe it has.