$$$$$$$$ Week

35years

Gravy route
Easily over $3,000 this week.

Over $1,100 just for Black Friday (double time+holiday pay)

$37.64 per hour:

M 12.1 hrs= $533
T 11 hrs = $470
W 10.7 hrs= $454
Th 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
friend 10.8 hrs= $813 Double time
friend 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
S 8.1 hrs = $457 Time and 1/2

$3,329 total, worked 53 actual

I know one of our feeders actually averages more than that every week (sleeper mileage team) He made over $175,000 last year.

Last edited:

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Easily over $3,000 this week.

Over $1,100 just for Black Friday (double time+holiday pay)

$37.64 per hour:

M 12.1 hrs= $533
T 11 hrs = $470
W 10.7 hrs= $454
Th 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
friend 10.8 hrs= $813 Double time
friend 8 hrs = $301 Holiday pay
S 8.1 hrs = $457 Time and 1/2

$3,329 total, worked 53 actual hours

Anyone in package make more?

I know one of our feeders actually averages more than that every week (sleeper mileage team) He made over $175,000 last year.
Mine's still one and a quarter inches bigger.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Made $1,076 just on Friday. Can’t believe they have to force people to work Black Friday.

MattM

12hr days? Yikes buddy. You definitely earned it. But what are you trying to prove here? We know what top rate is. Everyone of you drivers just pulled that off.

Question. They let you work on Saturday? Sixth day here is reserved for maybe one week out of the year (week before Christmas). Not that I don’t believe you. But OT is given out that freely in your local? My local is trash. In fact they cut our hours for peak. Driving on Saturday is reserved for air or 22.4. How you pulling a guaranteed 8 at full wage on a non essential work day?

what’s your secret op? Really high seniority? A lot of that isn’t feasible in my area/local.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
12hr days? Yikes buddy. You definitely earned it. But what are you trying to prove here? We know what top rate is. Everyone of you drivers just pulled that off
12 hr days are nothing in our center at peak.
70 hr rule up until last year.

Not trying to prove anything.

I think it helps drivers this time of year to realize how much they are going to make. Otherwise it is hard to maintain sanity having you life taken from you for a month.

It is cathartic.

MattM

I think my local is just junk. How is Saturday OT, If it's technically only his 5th punch, with a day break? Do other holidays work in the same manner for you guys?

I'm not seeing drivers here pulling that off.
Glad to see the union helping some of you out.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I think my local is just junk. How is Saturday OT, If it's technically only his 5th punch, with a day break? Do other holidays work in the same manner for you guys?

Holiday pay counts as a punch.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
12hr days? Yikes buddy. You definitely earned it. But what are you trying to prove here? We know what top rate is. Everyone of you drivers just pulled that off.

Question. They let you work on Saturday? Sixth day here is reserved for maybe one week out of the year (week before Christmas). Not that I don’t believe you. But OT is given out that freely in your local? My local is trash. In fact they cut our hours for peak. Driving on Saturday is reserved for air or 22.4. How you pulling a guaranteed 8 at full wage on a non essential work day?

what’s your secret op? Really high seniority? A lot of that isn’t feasible in my area/local.
Short Answer: Poor management planning and strong contract accountability.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

FULL-TIME = OT

MattM

Holiday pay counts as a punch.
That makes sense. But even that doesn't work in my region. For a few years, if a holiday fell on a Monday, and we'd work five days following, that Saturday would be OT. But that for axed.

But I'm a lowly air ramp gateway worker. Page 160 of the master states we get OT Only in very specific instances. If a holiday falls on a regularly scheduled work day, and are forced to work, it's straight time. If we don't normally work a Sunday and they want us in to work that specific holiday, we'd finally get OT. DT is a unicorn. That's reserved for a 7th day punch only, and holidays paid don't count. But working a holiday on a scheduled day off is basically a sixth punch. So they really aren't giving us holiday OT PAY at all, it's simply a sixth punch.

So all this easy DT and OT talk is amusing. It's not so easy where I'm at.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS is going to be so mad when it realizes it had to use the expensive drivers again this peak lol , also diad cradles 1/2 broken already