weight requirement

dillweed

whew, thanks New Englander, I thought it was out of power zone and pretty darned stupid.

PT sup told me that everyone had to be able to do it and I know darned well they can't. Seems his power zone is not in in his brain.

dillweed

I've seen very few young guys who would tackle it and I'm a grandma! He brought our ft sup up and they stared at me for awhile. I wasn't called into the office and haven't seen any write-up yet so maybe Mr.FT told him he was full of beans. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Slide 'em, roll 'em very few times you would have to lift an over 70 at all...Ever. Maybe trying to roll it up a narrrow flight of stairs.

stringerman85

You should never have to lift one over your head, They should generally stay on the ground in the trucks...Only place you would lift anything over your head would be in the sort aisle, Over weights arent allowed there, If they're just under 70, Get help

New Englander

What you should do is try to lift one over your head under his direction. Then injure your shoulder.

Wonder who will still have a job....lol. Amazing how someone in management that force feeds us this safety crap could tell anyone that.

High Side

When I sort the unloaders send up to 70lb'ers down the extendo to be sorted. If the PAL says its goin to the 300's aka the green belt you would have to lift it above your head to be put on the green belt. You can either ask for help from another sorter or put it to the side for help later. Both can get annoying so we usually sort up to 70's to the green belt without help. I think the hub I work at are slave drivers.​

badpal

I've seen very few young guys who would tackle it and I'm a grandma! He brought our ft sup up and they stared at me for awhile. I wasn't called into the office and haven't seen any write-up yet so maybe Mr.FT told him he was full of beans. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Dill you been around a while is this something new they just came up with? If they push you on this ask to talk to the district safety manager so he can explain the 70 pd over the head safe work methods .

dillweed

Dill you been around a while is this something new they just came up with? If they push you on this ask to talk to the district safety manager so he can explain the 70 pd over the head safe work methods .

First time I've ever heard of it. Seems power zone is between shoulders and knees, right? And those stinkin' demonstrations at the PCMs where they hold out the 5lb pkg and say how much more it weighs when held out away from the body.

Could it, could it, oh no!, could it be this pt sup is trying to intimidate granny? :wink2:

I do like the headstand suggestion. Balance that thing on my feet and use leg strength to heave it up there.

I am a sorter and two of our belts are about forehead high. As you all know, size and shape have lots to do with ability to handle. I'm a good, accurate sorter and feel it's not a bit wrong to set anything questionable to the side for help later and the guys are super good at coming over to help.

Thanks for the support, I really needed it this weekend. Even though we know the game well it sure helps to have some understanding here. I'll give 'em their fair days work tomorrow but safely. Need to get home and freeze up some tomatoes, bake some cookies and work on the roof. Now that's livin'!