Weird UPS rules

M

Mike23

Thought this could get a lot of peoples hair to stand up on end. What's the weirdest UPS rules you can think of?

I was about to order the 'explorers hat' (mostly because I'd look sexy in it) but called my sup first. Since it's not 'ups' issued I can't wear it? However, it IS UPS brand. To me that just seems weird :biting:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We are required to walk thru a metal detector that beeps every time the metal door opens or shuts. It is manned by an unarmed, 70 yr old "security guard" earning minimum wage who sits and reads the paper and ignores the beeping. It is for our safety, to prevent weapons from being brought into the building.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
they had a water certification form they wanted everybody to sign that said this. would love 2 see them try and enforce this.

Free toilet paper!

Seriously though...it is sad that there is a management person somewhere being paid to type up, copy and distribute "water certification forms". Can you say "trim the fat"?

rod

Retired 22 years
I always thought one of the strangest things was them insisting you call a truck a car. Another was being able to wear a UPS shirt home (or to the bar) but you had to change out of the pants before you left the building after work.