Welcome to teamcare

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Unless you were already in Teamcare. Those of us already in, got the screw job. All of the newer Teamcare members will have better benefits than those of us who have been in it for the last 20 odd years.

Typical union BS. All for one, one for all, huh?

Be honest. You had no problem with your healthcare until someone else got a better plan.

kingOFchester

To all those who have carved out their own plan, and those who have enhanced benefits, I will bet my usual buck that we will all have the same benefits by the time our next master is ratified. We will not be all on the same playing field by ratcheting up those with less, but rather knocking everyone down to a lower level.

Enjoy your enhanced benefits and carved out plans while they last.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I wonder what the union's and companies options are now when there are locals that will vote for nothing other than what they want?

To all the no voters...it takes a lot of hubris in this economy with the your competitors in the industry not getting anything like the offer made to you and still cross your arms and say no. Do you know how many people outside the fence who would take that offer and throw you under the bus for it?

​My my my.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I wonder what the union's and companies options are now when there are locals that will vote for nothing other than what they want?

To all the no voters...it takes a lot of hubris in this economy with the your competitors in the industry not getting anything like the offer made to you and still cross your arms and say no. Do you know how many people outside the fence who would take that offer and throw you under the bus for it?

​My my my.

With your attitude, it's no wonder UPS keeps tearing away at the bricks of our contracts.

The Jeep Driver

On the road less traveled...
Our Local will continue to Vote NO as long as language such as,

"Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels."

continues to show up in the Contract. If our benefits, at whatever level they may be, are not guaranteed, what is the point of having a contract?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our Local will continue to Vote NO as long as language such as,

"Nothing within this Memorandum of Understanding shall affect the Central States Health & Welfare Trustee’s right to modify benefit levels."

continues to show up in the Contract. If our benefits, at whatever level they may be, are not guaranteed, what is the point of having a contract?

You are the Union ... don't you trust yourself.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Be honest. You had no problem with your healthcare until someone else got a better plan.

I have never said I had a problem with my wages or the health care I've earned. You people carrying Hoffa's water are missing the point completely.

Every time our contract comes up for renewal, UPS throws money at us, knowing full well that the money will get the union and the less aware members to vote yes and ignore the way they chip away at the real important things in the contract. Like subcontracting, discipline and harassment. We have members under the same umbrella that have completely different benefits. No one seems to care about that stuff. And that is the stuff that will eventually ruin us.

I don't know if you guys realize it or not, but our union ship is leaking. The amount of people voting on this contract was at a record low. It's not hard to see why. The union has no presence at work. And we wonder why part-timers don't vote? At the last union meeting, I was talking to a driver who was saying that another driver with almost 15 years of seniority asked him why he got a duplicate ballot in the mail. The first driver questioned him about this ballot. He asked him if he was referring to the supplement ballot. The second driver looked confused and asked the first, "What's the supplement?"

You can laugh or get mad, but the fact is, if you don't make a major effort to get your questions asked, no one will give you answers. Now, this is a two-way street, and members need to get stepping for themselves, but the union has a huge obligation to the members. And that is definitely not happening. We had two or three days where the union stood outside our gates and passed out flyers about this contract. And we wonder why the turnout was so bad?

The bottom line is the existing members of Teamcare will NEVER go up to the benefits the incoming members. As someone said earlier here, the superior benefits the incoming members receive will drop down to our levels.

UPS is not stupid in these negotiations. They are like an alligator waiting in the shallows on us. As the votes get fewer and fewer, like they are now, the contract offers will get worse and worse. UPS knows this. They rely on the Hoffa chicken hawks to tell everyone how awesome the contract offers are, and to make us feel guilty about what we earn here. Like 407 said earlier, with 100K salary and 40K benefits, you should just shut up and vote yes. Who cares if UPS extends the temporary periods and increases subcontracting? Who cares if they give away our work to people who work for peanuts...we get 100K in pay and 40K in benefits, right?

I feel bad for guys with only ten years seniority. I just can't see how it ends well for those people. I've only got this contract and the next. And I bury my checks into my own savings, assuming the pension will be gone when my ticket gets punched. The company knows what it is doing. They know the union is weak, and that Hoffa will never strike them. And the boat keeps on leaking. And you Hoffa guys telling us how regal this contract won't know it until all of the lifeboats are already full.