Welcome To The Realm of the Working Poor

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hopefully, you haven't been dumb enough to make any major purchases lately, because you might not be able to pay for them with the new reality that is upon us. I still see new cars in the parking lot, that might be getting repossessed once the 50 hours you are used to become 35 hours or less. Even worse, I hope you didn't buy a home.

Lots of unhappy people right now wondering "what happened?". Too bad they weren't paying attention.

thedownhillEXPRESS

It's a shame what it's become.
We had two people flip out during the sort this morning.
I feel that walking into general pop at your nearest prison is a less threatening environment currently.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's a shame what it's become.
We had two people flip out during the sort this morning.
I feel that walking into general pop at your nearest prison is a less threatening environment currently.

Yep. I am fully execting some sort of postal event in the near future. That's why they produced the new Workplace Violence video. There are going to be even more extremely upset people when they finally figure out that this is the real deal. Some folks are just slow.

packageguy

All I can say, there are lots of fdx drivers coming to ups, it's the same job. We have 3 in our building in he last 2 years. Some are working preload to get there foot in the door. some are drivers already. something to think about.....

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Did something happen today that I missed?
I do start late on Mondays so, wasn't at the meeting.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did something happen today that I missed?
I do start late on Mondays so, wasn't at the meeting.

More rollouts of the October Surprise, at least in my district. I already know who to avoid before the shooting starts. My candidate is Mr. BZ all the way, and he's also Charley Hustle...totally intense and gung ho. When his girlfriend broke up with him a few years back he tried to kill himself if that tells you anything. Anyway, today he found out he goes on an extended split from no split at all. Heavily mortgaged, kids, a couple of nice cars, and he was pissed...crying, screaming, and on and on. I thought they were going to call the cops, but they let him out on the road. From 55 hrs per week to maybe 35 because they're realiging everything so PT does P1.

Wondering what he's going to do tomorrow...after he tells the wife tonight they are up Sheet Creek. I'll be elsewhere when he shows up..if he does.

vantexan

Hopefully, you haven't been dumb enough to make any major purchases lately, because you might not be able to pay for them with the new reality that is upon us. I still see new cars in the parking lot, that might be getting repossessed once the 50 hours you are used to become 35 hours or less. Even worse, I hope you didn't buy a home.

Lots of unhappy people right now wondering "what happened?". Too bad they weren't paying attention.

Hell, mid-range employees have been working poor for many years now. What I'm wanting to know is what kind of timeframe are they looking at? They can't just flip a switch. Have Ground contractors been instructed to hire more people? We've been pretty heavy lately. Losing Express Saver will mostly make our jobs easier by a little. The big question is will they make us strictly overnight and if so when will that happen? Tuesday is just about informing Wall Street. Losing E-2 is when the wailing really starts and when we should really start keeping an eye on whoever is blowing up.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I was told today that I have to give up my missort run to help on P2's in my loop. I pointed out, rather brusquely I might add, that the loop is taking each other's P2's already just to get their own hours....all this so a poor evening driver can get HIS hours. I basically went off on my manager, with one of my fellow looper's as a witness, he even told me he couldn't believe he said that to me. When I asked about the hours I should be getting I got the blank look and fumbled words...they like to forget that I'm full time too. I so freaking love what this wicked ***** company is now.

Myort

If anyone was living a lifestyle based on 50+ hours a week, then they weren't being very smart. I still think there will be hours available down the road. As FedEx tries to go towards more part-time couriers, they will have a much higher turnover. When a courier bids on another job, they can be gone in as little as 30 days from signing the offer letter. It seems to take nearly 3 months from a posting to having a new courier through training and on a route. There will be lots of open routes at times.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
More rollouts of the October Surprise, at least in my district. I already know who to avoid before the shooting starts. My candidate is Mr. BZ all the way, and he's also Charley Hustle...totally intense and gung ho. When his girlfriend broke up with him a few years back he tried to kill himself if that tells you anything. Anyway, today he found out he goes on an extended split from no split at all. Heavily mortgaged, kids, a couple of nice cars, and he was pissed...crying, screaming, and on and on. I thought they were going to call the cops, but they let him out on the road. From 55 hrs per week to maybe 35 because they're realiging everything so PT does P1.

I haven't heard anything along those lines, yet. I'm as far away from Mem as you can get w/o taking a swim.
You must be stationed right outside Sta1?

Wondering what he's going to do tomorrow...after he tells the wife tonight they are up Sheet Creek. I'll be elsewhere when he shows up..if he does.

I haven't heard anything along these lines, yet.
I'm as far away from Mem as you can get without getting wet.
You must be working at Sta. 1?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I haven't heard anything along these lines, yet.
I'm as far away from Mem as you can get without getting wet.
You must be working at Sta. 1?

Yep, I'm a trainer at Station 1. Everything is perfect here. The trucks are clean, all of my freight is OL's, CP's, and FedEx Boxes and Tubes. It all fits so neatly into my spotless W700, and my route goes together so easily. There are no problems, YOU are the problem, we are one happy family because the computer says that we are. Come, join The Borg, you will be happy here. Everything is perfect here, everything is perfect here....

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Yep, I'm a trainer at Station 1. Everything is perfect here. The trucks are clean, all of my freight is OL's, CP's, and FedEx Boxes and Tubes. It all fits so neatly into my spotless W700, and my route goes together so easily. There are no problems, YOU are the problem, we are one happy family because the computer says that we are. Come, join The Borg, you will be happy here. Everything is perfect here, everything is perfect here....

"I am Fredcutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will succumb or be destroyed. This is MT3 of 9." Not every day you get to throw Unc and Happy Hands into an episode of Star Trek.

vantexan

You know, if you read that paragraph enough it is sort of hypnotic! Gonna go pour me some Kool-ade!