well aet

Andorian440

Something called "well aet" was added to my paycheck for $100, then deducted AFTER taxes, costing me an additional $30 in taxes. I believe this has something to do with the gift card from Aetna. I think this is outrageous and I don't understand what the logic is behind it. The entire insurance situation has been a nightmare this year. I'd like to complain to somebody, but there's nobody to complain to.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That would be the gift card from Aetna, which is considered to be taxable compensation. I'm a little surprised UPS did not treat this they way they treat sales leads for compensation purposes. Suppose you earn $200 on a sales lead and the taxes on that amount are $20. UPS will add the $20 to the $200, add that to your gross pay, and then subtract the $20 for taxes netting you the $200 that you earned on the lead.

companal2

HR Supv
During the rollout of the new benefits before open enrollment last year, the issue with the gift cards being taxable income was discussed. A lot of folks, including myself, didn't even bother to complete the wellness assessment to get the card.... Not worth the hassle.

Andorian440

It was absolutely NOT worth the hassle, and now the insurance company has more information about me than they should. And I have no idea why they would tax it at 30% which is way higher than my normal tax bracket. Also, it is not a gift. I provided them with information, which they agreed to pay me for.

P

pickup

It was absolutely NOT worth the hassle, and now the insurance company has more information about me than they should. And I have no idea why they would tax it at 30% which is way higher than my normal tax bracket. Also, it is not a gift. I provided them with information, which they agreed to pay me for.

Congratulations on the extra 70 dollars that u made free and clear.

UPSGUY72

It was a gift they said they give you $100 as a gift if you filled out the info. It's cheaper for them to do that then have to pay there own employees to get that info.

It doesn't matter what rate they tax you at now you'll get the difference back when you do your taxes unless you owe.

But anyways if you still want to complain send me the $70 then you will be even and have nothing to complain about..

Andorian440

You guys are so funny. The $70 wasn't free and clear. I gave them information about mine and my family's health history, which they will have forever now. I should have known better. All for a lousy $70 dollars.

UPSGUY72

You guys are so funny. The $70 wasn't free and clear. I gave them information about mine and my family's health history, which they will have forever now. I should have known better. All for a lousy $70 dollars.

They could have found out that info anyways it was just cheaper to ask you for it then have there people have to do work to find it.

klein

Für Meno :)

Actually, you're the funny one.
So, for an extra $30 you would have sold the family out ? (and your time) ?
And , not complain ?

Andorian440

I shouldn't have filled that thing out for any amount of money, since the info can only be used against me in the future. But considering that I did, I would have at least liked to have gotten the amount that I was expecting.

Andorian440

The supplemental rate is 30%??? My normal tax rate is about 8%. And I still think that it is earned income, since I filled out a very extensive questionaire.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I shouldn't have filled that thing out for any amount of money, since the info can only be used against me in the future. But considering that I did, I would have at least liked to have gotten the amount that I was expecting.

Peek out your window. There's a black sedan down the street at night......every night. Some day, you'll be walking alone and the sedan will pull up.....There will be a man inside, possibly someone that you know. You'll be offered a ride............You may also be offered $100 to accept the ride...............Be very wary!!!!