Well didya or dintya? When it came to retirement income.

Shiftless

How did you select paying your income taxes when you retired?

Didya select #1: Take the taxes out of my monthly retirement and put the rest of the pile into my account?

OR

Didya select #2: No Thanks! I will pay my own quarterly's?

OR

#3 Didn't have a choice?

rod

Retired 22 years
Quarterly-----the wife is real good on guesstimating what we will owe. We usually end up owing less than a couple of hundred bucks. I prefer not letting Uncle Sam use my money interest free all year long. No refunds at the end of the year here if we can help it.

Shiftless

Quarterly-----the wife is real good on guesstimating what we will owe. We usually end up owing less than a couple of hundred bucks. I prefer not letting Uncle Sam use my money interest free all year long. No refunds at the end of the year here if we can help it.

Same here. We adjust thru the year depending on investment returns so we keep OUR monies separate from uncle sams over reach.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0198.GIF
Taxes

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I do and pay nothing till tax day in April. Taxes & Penalties , Fed & State . It only hurts for a little while . The reward is I don't think about it for the next 51 weeks.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
As opposed to earning .0005%?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Your retired making more now than you did full time and you get a refund? As a young guy trying to get a retirement plan figured out your my hero! :)
my pension is only about a third of what I was making full time. but that puts us in a lower tax bracket so we get a refund.

but you are right if we factored in a 3-4% withdrawal from the 401k, the IRA, and social security we would have a higher income than when I was working.

if you are young and planning ahead for retirement you are in the top 5% of smart people. don't have all your eggs in one basket. pension, max 401k, roth Ira's ,social security , and cash savings and you'll be OK.

the mistake most young people make is getting into debt over toys. cars, trucks, rvs, motorcycles, etc. paying interest on loans.( and credit cards ) there is nothing wrong with enjoying some toys. just buy them 3-5 years old when they have already depreciated 60-70 %.

we were lucky when we bought our home in the 90's. prices were about a quarter what they are now. I'd wait and see if there is another housing bubble crash and be ready for it by having a bunch of cash ready for a down payment.

good luck.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
my pension is only about a third of what I was making full time. but that puts us in a lower tax bracket so we get a refund.

but you are right if we factored in a 3-4% withdrawal from the 401k, the IRA, and social security we would have a higher income than when I was working.

if you are young and planning ahead for retirement you are in the top 5% of smart people. don't have all your eggs in one basket. pension, max 401k, roth Ira's ,social security , and cash savings and you'll be OK.

the mistake most young people make is getting into debt over toys. cars, trucks, rvs, motorcycles, etc. paying interest on loans.( and credit cards ) there is nothing wrong with enjoying some toys. just buy them 3-5 years old when they have already depreciated 60-70 %.

we were lucky when we bought our home in the 90's. prices were about a quarter what they are now. I'd wait and see if there is another housing bubble crash and be ready for it by having a bunch of cash ready for a down payment.

good luck.
I bought my first house when i was 19 and now i own one and 42k away from owning my second. All my toys are 10 years old my debt other than mortgage is 5k and i am 33.
I should be driving full time within the year and hope to reach top pay and then work 10 years. Weve made a commitment to put every dime over 700 a week into an investment. My seasonal and summer vacation driving has went into remodeling the past couple of years.
Im still researching the best ways to invest and dodge taxes. Lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bought my first house when i was 19 and now i own one and 42k away from owning my second. All my toys are 10 years old my debt other than mortgage is 5k and i am 33.
I should be driving full time within the year and hope to reach top pay and then work 10 years. Weve made a commitment to put every dime over 700 a week into an investment. My seasonal and summer vacation driving has went into remodeling the past couple of years.
Im still researching the best ways to invest and dodge taxes. Lol

401k is your best bet to “dodge” taxes.