Well it finally happened

Hot Carl

Walked into my truck this morning to find an entire route minus the air SPA'd to one shelf. Made for an interesting day. Just flabbergasted as to how this even happens.

Done at 6. No running.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Walked into my truck this morning to find an entire route minus the air SPA'd to one shelf. Made for an interesting day. Just flabbergasted as to how this even happens.

Done at 6. No running.
Lol!! Never that bad but few years ago had like 500 pieces (during peak) PAL’d only sections 1-4000.. only reason I finished b4 midnight was I sorted as helper delivered.

Est.1998

Done at 6. No running.
A couple of weeks back, all the add/cuts from the route beside mine (25 total) were SPA'd to the 1000 shelf.
I couldn't make sense of it to save my life.

542thruNthru

Done at 6. No running.
Happen to me twice. I love it.

Jam it in there nice and hard.
CheerfulWideCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

Dispatch gets a nice "what the hell happen!!" From the center manager the next day.

Up In Smoke

Christmas 2016, our center manager had drivers pull their 7s and 8s for 3 straight days and roll them to Saturday (we were still M-friend). When Saturday came it was quickly apparent that pkgs had multiple PALs and the same address had multiple HIN numbers. I went to my area, emptied the trunk into a parking lot and reloaded old school. Removed pals and loaded by street, low to high, odd and even. Long day and we never did that again.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You reach a point in your career where you stop getting stuff like that done by 6pm. If you’re following methods to a t, it’s not possible. I used to cut corners and get it done all angry that they would even do that to me. Truth is, they’ll do it 1000x more if you keep getting it done. These days I’ll get help and I don’t mind bringing stuff back missed so it better be enough help.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Christmas 2020 the original contractors with amazon were playing hardball with the company (they quit their service in 2021 due to a lack of response when drivers had insanely bad accident rates) gave their drivers a bunch of time off for the holidays. Amazon sent all their volume to us in a bid to avoid late christmas items. A stark reversal of 2013. We had already cleared out most of the system. It was an almost pure amazon day. Same piece count but most everything fit on shelves 1 and 2. Very little on 3,4.
I use that day as a reminder that amazon drivers aint #;!&. They deliver tiny items only. and they are only marginally better in this town thanks to improvements made AFTER they kicked the original contractors to the curb.
As a preloader I once loaded everything on one shelf.

AKCoverMan

Had entire route (a split conceived half way thru pre load) pal to 1000 shelf… I just disregarded the 1 and used 2nd digit as my shelf… boom!