Well, Maybe This Is Why You Didn't Get Your Christmas Gifts

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Maybe UPS should check contract drivers' backgrounds better. Two trailers were found at a truck stop that had been missing for several months. A UPS contractor was arrested. This was near the Atlanta SMART Hub.

Johney

Maybe UPS should check contract drivers' backgrounds better. Two trailers were found at a truck stop that had been missing for several months. A UPS contractor was arrested. This was near the Atlanta SMART Hub.

How in the hell could they be missing for months? Jesus our preload manager was calling dispatch when one of our trailers was a 1/2 hr late. Pretty sure all of UPS equipment is GPS tracked too.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
How in the hell could they be missing for months? Jesus our preload manager was calling dispatch when one of our trailers was a 1/2 hr late. Pretty sure all of UPS equipment is GPS tracked too.
Maybe it was dumped by a gypsy? I'm sure the ups tractors are tracked but not the trailers.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Grey boxes are traceable but not containers or rental trailers like the CTLZ’s, PTLZ’s. Could have been one of those.

PASinterference

You can GPS locate a grey box trailer. The problem is we also extensively use rentals that we can’t track to save a buck.
Either way, ups lost track of them for a very long time. So much for technology. Maybe the sups should have been doing their job instead of worrying how much MIP they would get handed out.

Yeet

Either way, ups lost track of them for a very long time. So much for technology. Maybe the sups should have been doing their job instead of worrying how much MIP they would get handed out.
To be completely honest, this is unacceptable. They have a paper trail of the last person to touch that trailer even if it was a coyote. When the trailer never showed up to it’s ending location, they should have been trying to contact that driver and if no contact could be made then they could have given police a full name and CDL drivers license number along with a company name to go find. This is embarrassing it took this long.

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
To be completely honest, this is unacceptable. They have a paper trail of the last person to touch that trailer even if it was a coyote. When the trailer never showed up to it’s ending location, they should have been trying to contact that driver and if no contact could be made then they could have given police a full name and CDL drivers license number along with a company name to go find. This is embarrassing it took this long.
China trinkets for everyone

PASinterference

Regardless, nobody will be held accountable. Sups will blame the oms. Oms will blame the weather. No claims will be paid because of "emergency conditions ". Ups is the master of hiding service failures.

Yeet

Regardless, nobody will be held accountable. Sups will blame the oms. Oms will blame the weather. No claims will be paid because of "emergency conditions ". Ups is the master of hiding service failures.
This smells like a peak season rush job. Someone dropped the ball and cut corners to get the load off property in time and either didn’t file the proper paperwork on the driver or just couldn’t be arsed to look it up when the damn load didn’t show up even months later.

Johney

Grey boxes are traceable but not containers or rental trailers like the CTLZ’s, PTLZ’s. Could have been one of those.
In the news broadcast it was a Z box. And they were in the process of outfitting containers with tracking before I left feeders.

Johney

You can GPS locate a grey box trailer. The problem is we also extensively use rentals that we can’t track to save a buck.
Look on this MECZ you can see the solar charger right below the Triple Crown. I was told that was for the tracking device to keep it charged. I suppose I could have been lied to.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 72