Went through all the steps, passed intergrad training and getting the run around about start date.

Ok I'll try to keep this as short as possible
I applied, had the interview, on 9/23, after that i completed my driving test, physical and drug screening and got the date to start training the next tuesday. I completed my intergrad training and passed this past friday 10/2. The guy who did the training told me to call the next day for my start date in which I did and was told to call sunday. Called Sunday and they told me to call Monday.. its Thursday and they are still saying to call the next day. I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting a straight answer. I also was told that it was for a full time driving position during the interview AND training period and now reading up on it I think I was mislead.
So my question is why didn't they tell me I had a fat chance at working full time and even a driver if that's what i trained for? And they kept mentioning that the next 3 months will be the hardest because I have to work my butt off and prove I want it, if they aren't even planning to give the chance to become full time? WHY ARE THEY NOT RESPONDING OR GETTING BACK TO ME ABOUT THE START DATE? any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Im from Ma btw so im not sure if everywhere is different.

rod

Retired 22 years
Must be that time of year when all the "why haven't I started work yet " posts start appearing. The bottom line is UPS will start you when they need you and expect you to wait by the phone for their call. To them you are just a number. If I was you and was looking for more permanent work I'd continue to search for a different job. If you are hired by UPS now your chances of working full time after Christmas are slim and none.

ok.. I get it but why wouldnt they specify that it was for seasonal work? they clearly told me it was for full time when i went and interviewed.. And are all ups the same?

rod

Retired 22 years
ok.. I get it but why wouldnt they specify that it was for seasonal work? they clearly told me it was for full time when i went and interviewed.. And are all ups the same?
Full time and full time -seasonal are two different things. I think you have fallen for UPS's full time - seasonal trap.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You will get FT hours...

During the seasonal period...

That should be a sticky.

1f6b4821fcd0f7149ce8e13ad4424e34_w200.gif

Up In Smoke

Yes, the company needs you for Prime week and November 1 thru Jan 10th. Take a number.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Depends on local conditions.
If they have a high volume of work still going on into Jan 2021, chances are they will need you.
Currently they have a free period for hiring ( Oct 1st - Jan 10th? ).
You could work everyday and think you're ok, but the seniority clock does not start until after the free period.

Depends on local conditions.
If they have a high volume of work still going on into Jan 2021, chances are they will need you.
Currently they have a free period for hiring ( Oct 1st - Jan 10th? ).
You could work everyday and think you're ok, but the seniority clock does not start until after the free period.
it just seems crazy that they would tell me all about 30 day packets and busting my ass for the first 90 days and union dues ect if i was just seasonal. i wasnt hired in october i was hired in september. Sorry if i keep going around the same question but it just seems so shady and dishonest.

why didnt i see anything on how messed up they are when i was researching the job?? lmao. only finding all this out now. all i saw was what a great company they are and that u can make a lot of money smh

ok so if i am hired as seasonal and do well but they dont have any routes for me do i have to reapply every year for seasonal> or can i be part time just to keep my foot in the door?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
it just seems crazy that they would tell me all about 30 day packets and busting my ass for the first 90 days and union dues ect if i was just seasonal. i wasnt hired in october i was hired in september. Sorry if i keep going around the same question but it just seems so shady and dishonest.

Because they know if they don’t lie their asses off nobody would ever comeback the 2nd day once they see the :censored2: show that is ups

Utility81

Ok I'll try to keep this as short as possible
I applied, had the interview, on 9/23, after that i completed my driving test, physical and drug screening and got the date to start training the next tuesday. I completed my intergrad training and passed this past friday 10/2. The guy who did the training told me to call the next day for my start date in which I did and was told to call sunday. Called Sunday and they told me to call Monday.. its Thursday and they are still saying to call the next day. I don't know why I am having such a hard time getting a straight answer. I also was told that it was for a full time driving position during the interview AND training period and now reading up on it I think I was mislead.
So my question is why didn't they tell me I had a fat chance at working full time and even a driver if that's what i trained for? And they kept mentioning that the next 3 months will be the hardest because I have to work my butt off and prove I want it, if they aren't even planning to give the chance to become full time? WHY ARE THEY NOT RESPONDING OR GETTING BACK TO ME ABOUT THE START DATE? any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Im from Ma btw so im not sure if everywhere is different.
You very well might be starting as full time and not full time seasonal. I know here(and other parts of the country) they recently outsourced our HR department so the delay could be related to that. Seems like every route that comes up for bid lately is changed into a training route. I can’t keep up with all the new faces anymore.