West Fargo doorbell camera catches delivery driver keeping dog from running away

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

West Fargo doorbell camera catches delivery driver keeping dog from running away - Inforum​

The slogan has been retired, but What Brown Can Do For You sure paid off for a West Fargo family and their precious dog​

When a UPS driver recently delivered packages to the Christophersons in West Fargo, she was not prepared for what would happen next.

It seems the family's dog, Bentley, a Boxer, decided to slip out the front door, and it was all caught on the home's security camera.

The UPS driver tried to coax Bentley back, but after a few minutes decided that treats were a better option. Sure enough, the charming Boxer came back to the front door, ate the treat and went back inside.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Another hero.....ya know just about every driver has done all kind of hero things through out their careers without any fanfare.

Now everyone wants their 15 minutes.....

I know guys that have stopped at accident scenes in feeder , provided lifesaving first aid, and either left after EMT's arrived and/or denied recognition.

West Fargo doorbell camera catches delivery driver keeping dog from running away - Inforum​

The slogan has been retired, but What Brown Can Do For You sure paid off for a West Fargo family and their precious dog​

When a UPS driver recently delivered packages to the Christophersons in West Fargo, she was not prepared for what would happen next.

It seems the family's dog, Bentley, a Boxer, decided to slip out the front door, and it was all caught on the home's security camera.

The UPS driver tried to coax Bentley back, but after a few minutes decided that treats were a better option. Sure enough, the charming Boxer came back to the front door, ate the treat and went back inside.
WDFD

Mutineer

I would've done the family a favor and let that dog run away.

And then waited for a tip.

Boxers are possibly the most destructive, useless, annoying breed of dog on this planet.

Mutineer

fixed it for you
I disagree.

The pros (of which Boxers are completely devoid of) of Chihuahuas are as follows:

Chihuahuas are very low maintenance, do not suffer from separation anxiety, live a long time, cheap to feed, brave, exceptionally loyal, aggressively pursue rodents, and are exceptionally good alarm systems.

The downside is that they are incapable of backing up their bark.

That's why five Chihuahuas, (the alarm system) and a large, vicious pound-sourced dog (the muscle) are a very good security system for property.

I'm a cat-person. I don't really like dogs very much unless I'm using them for a specific purpose. Just giving credit where it's due.

And Boxers suck at everything a person may need a dog for.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I disagree.

I'm a cat-person. I don't really like dogs very much .
No no no no no no no

giphy.webp

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

Dalmatians are possibly the most destructive, useless, annoying breed of dog on this planet.
Fixed it again. Dalmatians don't have enough sense to get out of the rain.

El Correcto

god is dead
I disagree.

The pros (of which Boxers are completely devoid of) of Chihuahuas are as follows:

Chihuahuas are very low maintenance, do not suffer from separation anxiety, live a long time, cheap to feed, brave, exceptionally loyal, aggressively pursue rodents, and are exceptionally good alarm systems.

The downside is that they are incapable of backing up their bark.

That's why five Chihuahuas, (the alarm system) and a large, vicious pound-sourced dog (the muscle) are a very good security system for property.

I'm a cat-person. I don't really like dogs very much unless I'm using them for a specific purpose. Just giving credit where it's due.

And Boxers suck at everything a person may need a dog for.
Chihuahuas can be low blood sugar seizure dogs as well, that are easy to injure and very stupid. I mean using a chihuahua as an alarm system is kind of like having an alarm that goes off every 30 seconds.

I’m more of a cat person to, hell a cat is a little more affection from an animal than I need. Might consider like a hamster or something if I get another pet.

Mutineer

Fixed it for you.
The Standard Poodles I've observed are very good dogs. The miniatures are good as well.

When I was a kid, my dad used a Standard Poodle (among dozens of other various mutts and breeds) for wild pig hunting.

The dog was named Pierre. He was quiet, smart, brave, durable, and absolutely vicious.

All of my dog opinions are based upon years of observations working as a courier, and over a hundred wild pig hunts as a kid and young adult.

Mutineer

Chihuahuas can be low blood sugar seizure dogs as well, that are easy to injure and very stupid. I mean using a chihuahua as an alarm system is kind of like having an alarm that goes off every 30 seconds.
If one considers a dog solely as a disposable tool for a specific purpose (Chihuahua is an alarm system to alert the muscle dog), the negatives of Chihuahuas are easy to overlook.

If a particular "alarm" goes off too frequently, wait for the night before trash day, (so it doesn't stink things up) and dispose of it.

Mutineer

I’m more of a cat person to, hell a cat is a little more affection from an animal than I need.
In your case, I would recommend a tortoise shell cat. They are much more aloof and bitey-er than any domestic cat type I've known.

That particular coat pattern is only present in females. Some of them are very exotic looking and pretty. More than a few are just plain ugly.

Think of it as a tchotchke that moves, self-arranges, and dusts it's-self!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The Standard Poodles I've observed are very good dogs. The miniatures are good as well.

When I was a kid, my dad used a Standard Poodle (among dozens of other various mutts and breeds) for wild pig hunting.

The dog was named Pierre. He was quiet, smart, brave, durable, and absolutely vicious.

All of my dog opinions are based upon years of observations working as a courier, and over a hundred wild pig hunts as a kid and young adult.
I ran into a customer that had 2 black standard poodles. They were unapproachable. Completely. No treat in the world would be enough.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Boxers are possibly the most destructive, useless, annoying breed of dog on this planet.

Boxers shouldn't be called that. Every one I've run into jumps up just enough to hit you right below the belt.