Western Pennsylvania Supplement Goes Down! (1/24/2014)

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
The Western Pennsylvania supplement was rejected earlier today when members voted overwhelmingly against the Hoffa/Hall sell-out!

1238 NO to 430 YES

Congratulations Western Pennsylvania!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
While I will always congratulate union members who are unified, in this case, i say congrats to the membership for being united. The same cannot be said for the rest of the country and our union which is probably in a death spin as this contract now becomes out of control.

No matter how this contract eventually ends up, its a complete FAIL for HOFFA/HALL and should spell the end of both of these mens careers as Union leaders.

TOS.

Stonefish

I'll bet it doesn't. They are going to get one more vote and then I bet UPS gives them the last the final offer take it or vote for a strike.
I agree. Strike or implement and I'm guessing all those tough guys will stop all the chatter. Especially when they have to make that decision.

TimeForChange

I'll bet it doesn't. They are going to get one more vote and then I bet UPS gives them the last the final offer take it or vote for a strike.
There are other supplements and riders still unsettled. The Local 89 Air Rider, especially, may take many, many months to settle, if it ever is settled.

Inthegame

I bet UPS is loving this.
All those wages not paid out and UPS investing it and keeping the profits.
Probably over a million a day.
Good call Hoax, our PO just brought up that fact at our last mtg. Close to 4Ml in back pay and bennys to date in one local. Lost nearly 100K in pension investment opportuniies with the hot 4h quarter returns. He's thinkng of sending a bill for the lost funds to the holdouts.

Indecisi0n

Sounds like them boys have some balls !

5311.gif

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Good call Hoax, our PO just brought up that fact at our last mtg. Close to 4Ml in back pay and bennys to date in one local. Lost nearly 100K in pension investment opportuniies with the hot 4h quarter returns. He's thinkng of sending a bill for the lost funds to the holdouts.

This is a shot in the dark, but I also can't help but wonder if the influx of millions and millions of dollars from company contributions on behalf of UPS PT'ers into CS H&W wouldn't have allowed the trustees to provide slight benefit bumps for other Teamsters covered by the plan. That money definitely could have been used for some good.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I guess the Principal Officer of your local....

Really puts the "Me" in Teamsters. :confused2:

-Bug-

Big balls

GOOD I HOPE IT TAKES MORE THAN 5 YEARS SO I WONT HAVE TO PAY $200 TO KEEP MY FAMILY ON INS....AND ITS NICE TO SEE THEY GOT BIG BALLS LIKE ME!!!!!!!FORGETTABOUTIT THE REST OF THESE TRIANGLES ALL GOT FUGAZED!!!