We've manipulated the same package!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I love when drivers tell me "I do anything I can to get rid of send agains". I always ask why? If the customer isn't home that's not my fault. Those same send again die-hards are always the ones getting customer follow ups and complaints...
...and smaller pay checks.

Indecisi0n

If the package is medicine, NDA or NDA SVR, on a Friday, I will do everything that I can, within the methods, to get it delivered.

Nine times out of ten if its something that important they will call UPS and I get a message " XXX address has important medicine can you please reattempt" which I always do.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If the package is medicine, NDA or NDA SVR, on a Friday, I will do everything that I can, within the methods, to get it delivered.

I don't know what's in the package.
I don't care what's in the package.
I don't care about the service level.
I don't care what day it is.
They get their attempt, by the methods, and it will then be what it is.

If they call in and we go back, if we go above and beyond, they expect it every time.
That's why we need to be consistent.
Let them help themselves by finding me on route. (I'll help them do that)
Have them leave me a note as to where I can indirect.
Have them pick it up at the hub.
This type of "tough love" will condition the customer to do their part in the process in the future.
For most it only takes once.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The customer will always get what they pay for with me. What they do not get is me going WELL above and beyond what I am required to do to get them their package. Sometimes I'll go back and re-attempt if it's medication and I am asked to. Other than that, I won't.

HubBub

Haha, who says alcohol dumbs people down? This is some philosophical stuff right here!

BTW, I've re-recrunched the numbers and decided 18 people at most touching a package going from pick-up to center to hub to hub to center to delivery. That's not counting possible send-agains by different drivers, or rehandles inside or dealings with PSC people inside. And it doesn't count people who don't touch individual packages (feeder drivers hauling loads around and non-teamster labor like railroad folks)

Again, I could be wrong, but I'm at least kinda close, (I think)...