Whale Wars

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I'm watching the show now and they seem very ineffective.
I agree that we should protect bthe whales, but these people are screwy (especially the Captain).

Thoughts?

bbsam

Staff member
Thoughts? Someone with as much time to post on BC like you (me) might put his time to better use and save the whales like that "screwy" captain instead of spending all his (your, my) time posting about things you (I, we) obviously know nothing about. There. You asked for it. :peaceful::wink2:

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Thanks for your/my thoughts.... (I/you) think???:happy-very: The show is still on and they are hilarious in that they are so ineffective.........So why do I/you watch?????

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
I'm watching the show now and they seem very ineffective.
I agree that we should protect bthe whales, but these people are screwy (especially the Captain).

Thoughts?

I agree, and they're doing it on unaware donors dime. People donate to "Save the Whale" and these idiots follow ships around to throw organic stink bombs at the offenders. They have a huge ship,helicopter and a full crew, all being paid for with donations by people that think someone is actually using their money wisely. Meanwhile the captains making a nice living off this charade.

bigbrownhen

I have seen a few of these episodes. My husband likes the show, but I think more for the drama, not the effectiveness of the "sheperd crew". They seem to be more like green peace terrorist to me.
Although, you have to admit that new little boat they have is cool. Looks like something Batman would have in the batcave.

I wonder if Bob Barker is happy with how the large donation he made is being used? They named a ship after him I think.

On a serious note, the Japanese whalers are claiming the whales they kill are for research only. That is a sham and everyone knows it. What they are doing is terrible and sad. I hope Karma makes them a visit.

I love reality tv and this gives me an idea. I wish we could have a Brown Cafe Survivor show it would be great can you imagine a 407 upstate Bubblehead Jimstud and Tieguy alliance??

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My thoughts? Hmmmm, well 1st I don't watch the show and 2nd I think this should be in 'Life after.............' not here. :happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years
I watch the show and I think it's good entertainment but next year they should get some hot ladies for the show.

+1 ---- I haven't paid that much attention to the show but if it had more bouncing babes in bikinis I probably would.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I love reality tv and this gives me an idea. I wish we could have a Brown Cafe Survivor show it would be great can you imagine a 407 upstate Bubblehead Jimstud and Tieguy alliance??
This is not a new idea.
A well respected and introspective BC member tossed this idea out in a previous thread.
And it is a good idea.
I am glad you mentioned it.

TheDick

It's an ok show. Yes ineffective, but atleast they're willing to do something about it with donations from regular folk who dont have training or would hurl lung butter the whole time at sea!:sick:Good thing i didnt sign up for navy and went driving instead. I'd be tossing my cookies the whole time. And yeah the japanese whalers suck for going after the poor whales. I love sushi but they kill dolphins for delicacy food too. yuk:knockedout: Dont agree with all that those guys do but nobody else is doing anything for the whales-and besides a "pirate ship" full of hippies keeps me watching:funny:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It's funny how people who eat seafood object to the killing of certain types of seafood. Isn't it all consumed anyways? BTW, I don't eat seafood.:sick:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
MMMMM MMMMMM I love seafood.:happy-very:
LOL, I know, I remember this.
100_2826.jpg
attachment.php

100_2826.jpg

bigbrownhen

It's funny how people who eat seafood object to the killing of certain types of seafood. Isn't it all consumed anyways? BTW, I don't eat seafood.:sick:

Hubby and I had this discussion already. The problem we have is they do this in protected waters. There is no whaling allowed. The Japanese government agreed to this, but there is an exception for "research". They kill the whales supposedly for research, but the ships are all processing ships if I understand correctly. Although the only info you get from this show is from the Shepherd's point of view. I don't think they interview the Japanese whaling crews.

I personally have no problem with it as long as the whales aren't endangered. I haven't had any seafood made from whales to my knowledge, but it has been common for generations in Japan I do believe.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's the ambergris that's the real commodity as a fixative in all perfumes. You may not eat the whale, but you wear it everyday if you use perfume.