What’s taking so long?

boopis

I have been a package handler working local sort for about a year and a half and am trying to become a driver. I signed a bid and secured it roughly 3.5 months ago and have yet to be sent to school. I passed my drivers test and DOT Physical. There has been 3 others that secured bids with me that were sent to school the week after we all signed it and are currently driving leaving me to wonder what is going on. I have asked my boss numerous times what the hold up is and his response is always “I’m working on it.” I don’t know what else to do because we are entering peak season and I have missed out on two holiday pats and want to be on the road so I can start my career. If anyone has any advice/help it would be greatly appreciated!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I have been a package handler working local sort for about a year and a half and am trying to become a driver. I signed a bid and secured it roughly 3.5 months ago and have yet to be sent to school. I passed my drivers test and DOT Physical. There has been 3 others that secured bids with me that were sent to school the week after we all signed it and are currently driving leaving me to wonder what is going on. I have asked my boss numerous times what the hold up is and his response is always “I’m working on it.” I don’t know what else to do because we are entering peak season and I have missed out on two holiday pats and want to be on the road so I can start my career. If anyone has any advice/help it would be greatly appreciated!
He doesn’t want you to drive , you’re a liability because you have so many missorts...how can you be expected to deliver to the right house?
🧔✊

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I have been a package handler trying to become a driver. I have asked my boss numerous times what the hold up is and his response is always “I’m working on it.” I don’t know what else to do because we are entering peak season and I have missed out on two holiday pats and want to be on the road so I can start my career. If anyone has any advice/help it would be greatly appreciated!
Dang you missed two Holiday Pat's

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
If you have seniority over those guys file a grieve! No more talking. Be a good driver, have a serious and safe work ethic. Show them that and They will take you seriously.

542thruNthru

as usual there is more to this story......
200-16.gif

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Took me 3.5 years to drive. Just chill dude.

preloader2driver

Did 8 years of preload WITH a FULL-TIME job too. It’s crazy how fast some guys are driving already. Odd seeing guys that look like they just passed middle school on their 30 days.