Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Quite honestly, what’s the point of having a union anymore? I’ve been asking that question to myself and to a handful of more senior drivers. They always have the same answer, “if they weren’t around you wouldn’t have a job, the company would fire you for anything they wanted to”. Since I’ve started I lost Saturday’s, my local just caved without even putting up a fight on this 70 hour work rule, and working Christmas Eve Sunday. Our stewards are in the pocket of management, they’ve stood at our PCMs next to our sups and repeated the same propaganda that management says. “For the survival of the company, blah blah blah”. Harassment is at an all time high, PVDs, zero protection, concessions, concessions and more concessions. What the :censored2: am I paying them for? What’s left to give away without getting anything in return? They have done nothing to instill loyalty or compassion to get the young guys like me behind them. I want a union, I think they’re crucial. I wish my co-workers spoke up. It’s not just management vs us, we need to keep our union in check too and throw out these useless wastes of space. My last straw will be this issue that I know will be addressed in the next contract, if UPS wants to go seven days a week as a cover driver if they expect me to be available an additional 104 days out of the year (Saturdays and Sundays) without any additional personal or sick days off, and give me one or two non consecutive random days off a week and the union okays it, I’m done with them. I come into work everyday expecting to get bent over the hood of my PC by management, I don’t expect the union to pat my sup on the shoulder and take their turn with me, but you know what? At least UPS pays me.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Quite honestly, what’s the point of having a union anymore? I’ve been asking that question to myself and to a handful of more senior drivers. They always have the same answer, “if they weren’t around you wouldn’t have a job, the company would fire you for anything they wanted to”. Since I’ve started I lost Saturday’s, my local just caved without even putting up a fight on this 70 hour work rule, and working Christmas Eve Sunday. Our stewards are in the pocket of management, they’ve stood at our PCMs next to our sups and repeated the same propaganda that management says. “For the survival of the company, blah blah blah”. Harassment is at an all time high, PVDs, zero protection, concessions, concessions and more concessions. What the :censored2: am I paying them for? What’s left to give away without getting anything in return? They have done nothing to instill loyalty or compassion to get the young guys like me behind them. I want a union, I think they’re crucial. I wish my co-workers spoke up. It’s not just management vs us, we need to keep our union in check too and throw out these useless wastes of space. My last straw will be this issue that I know will be addressed in the next contract, if UPS wants to go seven days a week as a cover driver if they expect me to be available an additional 104 days out of the year (Saturdays and Sundays) without any additional personal or sick days off, and give me one or two non consecutive random days off a week and the union okays it, I’m done with them. I come into work everyday expecting to get bent over the hood of my PC by management, I don’t expect the union to pat my sup on the shoulder and take their turn with me, but you know what? At least UPS pays me.
Don’t let the door hit ya,good luck in your future endeavors. (You will need it)

Who the friend is gonna pay a old man 100k a year and full benifits and pension and 401K to deliver cardboard with just a high school education.

Go friend yourself

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

You can always go to FedEx..... then you don't even have to ask this question... enjoy life without the Teamsters
I don’t want to leave, I love my job, my coworkers are the greatest I’ve ever had. I’m proud of the work I do. It’s an honest question I’ve been asking myself. I don’t want the union to go away, I want to see them grow a backbone.