What a Saturday!

MassWineGuy

How many other stations got slammed by Amazon P2 volume today? It was ridiculous at ours. I usually log about four hours on Saturdays, but had over eight today. And some others finished much later than me. I think the managers only heard about this yesterday. Peak promises to be lots of fun.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I has a few Amazon boxes, big n small, but only about 10-20%

Increase in the USPS stuff though:
sketch-1508069672129.png

Some has that "s" while other boxes just say USPS. Can we treat them like what a postal worker does & driver release em by the mailbox on the side of the road?

The following driver wasn't even close to a designated mailbox...

qqd6kJd.gif

Geez, wtf?

My local area have Amazonian drivers in low roof Ford transit cargo vans driving about as well as Amazon PVDs doing the small stuff.

So I guess it all depends on the local delivery network... maybe your area, people rather be doing something else than being an Amazonian. How many fulfillment centers are close to your terminal? I have 4 highlighters Amazon buildings

Purplepackage

I has a few Amazon boxes, big n small, but only about 10-20%

Increase in the USPS stuff though:
View attachment 160759

Some has that "s" while other boxes just say USPS. Can we treat them like what a postal worker does & driver release em by the mailbox on the side of the road?

The following driver wasn't even close to a designated mailbox...

View attachment 160768

Geez, wtf?

My local area have Amazonian drivers in low roof Ford transit cargo vans driving about as well as Amazon PVDs doing the small stuff.

So I guess it all depends on the local delivery network... maybe your area, people rather be doing something else than being an Amazonian. How many fulfillment centers are close to your terminal? I have 4 highlighters Amazon buildings

I love walking up to a house and seeing the post office box either on the side walk or on the very edge of the porch. As though taking that extra 2 steps was going to kill them

whenIgetthere

How many other stations got slammed by Amazon P2 volume today? It was ridiculous at ours. I usually log about four hours on Saturdays, but had over eight today. And some others finished much later than me. I think the managers only heard about this yesterday. Peak promises to be lots of fun.

Must vary by area, because two weeks ago on Saturday, I had 29 Amazon P2, five a week ago, and only one this past Saturday. I have noticed a spike in Amazon P1 during the week, as well.

Schweddy

Balls
Well.. I've spent a little time getting to know my USPS carrier and they said USPS cut their pay down to 15-16 an hour. I think they used to make really good money. I don't like my stuff being thrown around by the cover drivers but this carrier is good. Might explain some of it.

MassWineGuy

A couple of guys at my station worked for the USPS for years. One told me that current working conditions and work loads make the job miserable. In addition to needing an act of Congress to fire incompetent people.

SmithBarney

Yeah P2 has been really hard to predict, One saturday I have 30P1/1P2 and this week I have 30P1/30P2 oh and there is no chance in hell you can mix a single P2 in, so you circuit the route twice. Full 8hrs on a sat. good stuff man

Artee

Well.. I've spent a little time getting to know my USPS carrier and they said USPS cut their pay down to 15-16 an hour. I think they used to make really good money. I don't like my stuff being thrown around by the cover drivers but this carrier is good. Might explain some of it.

Is that carrier an actual USPS employee? Or one of the contractors that wear their own clothes, but drive around in the little USPS truck delivering mail? A guy got fired at the local express station for having 3 letters within a 12 month period. He just got on with the USPS and starts at $31+ and hour and goes up from there.

bacha29

Is that carrier an actual USPS employee? Or one of the contractors that wear their own clothes, but drive around in the little USPS truck delivering mail? A guy got fired at the local express station for having 3 letters within a 12 month period. He just got on with the USPS and starts at $31+ and hour and goes up from there.
USPS line haul are for the most part third party contractors. Same holds true for the rural route mail carriers. In the past they were given vehicle allowances but at least throughout my area they were given old USPS mail cars so they would no longer have to pay the vehicle allowance.
When it comes to getting on with USPS there was always the veterans preference rule giving veterans first dibs on USPS jobs. Don't know if that's still in effect.

Artee

I am far from being in a rural area, but most mail in this town of 80k is delivered by contractors who start their day at the post office to get their mail, jump in the small delivery vehicles that are owned and maintained by the PO and go out and do their routes. I have heard of the leg up for the veterans, but that was 30 years ago, so I don't know if that is still in effect.

bacha29

I am far from being in a rural area, but most mail in this town of 80k is delivered by contractors who start their day at the post office to get their mail, jump in the small delivery vehicles that are owned and maintained by the PO and go out and do their routes. I have heard of the leg up for the veterans, but that was 30 years ago, so I don't know if that is still in effect.
That's interesting because the key legal issue in the FXG contractor class action lawsuit was the fact that Ground without question controlled the means, manner and method by which the contractor carried out their assigned task. It would appear that the USPS is doing exactly the same thing . I wonder how long it will be until somebody catches on to this and files suit.?

Schweddy

Balls
That's a great point Artee and I don't know. They drive a new step van (like the size of a walk in transit) and I would think they are an actual employee.

Oldfart

I would say that guy is not being truthful. I find it hard to believe that USPS starting pay in $31 an hour.

Artee

I would say that guy is not being truthful. I find it hard to believe that USPS starting pay in $31 an hour.
I will ask again when I see him this week. Heck out here in CA the receptionists get $25/hr just to sit at the front desk and answer phones. When small tear down houses cost $1.75 million, companies have to step up the the plate to keep employees.