What about my 4hr guarantee?

nodoyee86

I'm a new hire for the pm load and am just curious about my situation. I was told recently by my supervisor that unfortunately I was being cut a couple of days next week. I don't mind loosing the days because I have another job where I make real money but I am concerned for my benefits. My question is will this effect my benefits and can they do this?

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm a new hire for the pm load and am just curious about my situation. I was told recently by my supervisor that unfortunately I was being cut a couple of days next week. I don't mind loosing the days because I have another job where I make real money but I am concerned for my benefits. My question is will this effect my benefits and can they do this?

Sent using BrownCafe App
You have no benefits for a year...and you have no 3.5 hour guarantee until you make book...which you will not do before January at the earliest. Talk to your steward.

Nostromo

They can do that and will. Bb58 is on point you gotta survive a year till you even think about bennies.

Sent using Morse code

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You have no benefits for a year...and you have no 3.5 hour guarantee until you make book...which you will not do before January at the earliest. Talk to your steward.

Actually he is guaranteed 3.5 as much as you do. After you make book, file a grievance for your 3.5 for all the days that they sent you home (early) during the past 10 days.

watdaflock?

imo- Just enjoy the extra day off for the next month. Your year seniority clock has started so just put up with a real lousy paycheck now and then.

About the second week of November is when the fun really starts as a loader for UPS.

Do you get OT after 5 hours?

nodoyee86

imo- Just enjoy the extra day off for the next month. Your year seniority clock has started so just put up with a real lousy paycheck now and then.

About the second week of November is when the fun really starts as a loader for UPS.

Do you get OT after 5 hours?
No I don't think I get OT after 5hrs, but I am going to enjoy the days off. I'll keep my eye on the prize (driver) and hang tough.
Thanks!

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

No I don't think I get OT after 5hrs,
You get OT after 5 hours as a PTer. Your guarantee is also on 3 and a half hours. They can't make you go home until you've hit that. Just ask, I know at my center we can find you work. Make sure you make it clear you want the work. Far too many people at my center would rather work 2 and a half or 3 hours and get the hell out of there.

PT Car Washer

In my local....The seasonals hired to work inside instead of being helpers don't...they get OT after 40 hrs. But I believe they have to sign a paper that confirms this when hired.
Central Region Supplement Art 1 section 1 says "Seasonal and probationary employees will NOT receive any of the benefits of this Agreement other then wages spelled out in this Agreement."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Central Region Supplement Art 1 section 1 says "Seasonal and probationary employees will NOT receive any of the benefits of this Agreement other then wages spelled out in this Agreement."
No... it says they WILL work under the provisions...

ARTICLE 1-PROBATIONARY

EMPLOYEES-SEASONAL EMPLOYEES

Section 1

(a) Probationary employees: a new employee shall work under the

provisions of this Agreement but shall be employed only on a thirty

(30) working day trial basis, during which period he/she may be

discharged without further recourse; provided however, that the

Employer may not discharge or discipline for the purpose of evading

this Agreement or discriminating against union members. After

working thirty (30) days within a ninety (90) consecutive day period,

the employee shall be placed on the regular seniority list, and

his/her seniority date shall revert back to the first (1st) day of the

thirty (30) day period in which the employee gained seniority.

PT Car Washer

You are right that is what it says at the beginning of the Art. Go to the second to last paragraph and read what I copied. How can it say one thing in the beginning and something the opposite in the same paragraph?